Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one who understands the Scat Pack is an “RT”?? I don’t spend a whole lot of time online so I don’t know if it’s been talked about much. I do know that plenty of people think the Scat is an SRT. Including a fella I just met recently who had a ‘19 Scat Pack and was convinced it IS an SRT. I told him to just look at his window sticker where is says “Dodge Charger RT Scat Pack”. Believe it or not he had the sticker in his car! It said just that on it and he was still convinced it was an SRT. When i first met him he said he thought my car was “only” an RT until he saw the 392. Like the RT isn’t worthy.

The reason I’m even bringing this up is my decal setup seems to be confusing people.

I wanted to do something different since I don’t usually follow the grain. I first put some huge hash marks on the front then realized the rear needed something. I decided to go with “RT” and added “392” along with it.

What are your thoughts on this? I usually just blow off people who don’t know what they’re talking about but there seem to be a lot of those people out there. Is it just me? Another thing is those dang yellow protectors on the bumper! Seems a lot around my area don’t know they’re supposed to come off lol. Anyway, thanks for any input on this!

6DD09268-2424-4338-90C5-039566AEF7EB.jpeg

·
848 Posts
I like it. I run into people all the time that upbadge their Scats, RT's, and SXT's with SRT badging at car shows. I mean it's their car they can do whatever they want to it, and everyone that knows anything about them knows it is not an SRT, so it doesn't matter all that much. SP owners say SRT owners are too sensitive, and SRT owners just say "it's not an SRT" . As one of the rare owners of an SRT 392, I just laugh it off.

The real difference isn't the car itself, it's when you have a problem with the car and call customer service. There is a special SRT department that is literally 10x better then dealing with the normal FCA reps. No hassles, no arguments, they cover your car payment while it's in the shop and work directly with the dealer and district reps to make sure everything is taken care of.

Anyways enough about that, beautiful car, and I love the badging you did, I have not seen that on any other car and think it looks great.

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
4,389 Posts
There are several debates that are across the site on the topic. I agree that it’s a R/T, since the Manufacturer says so

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I guess I’m a little late to the party... as usual ha. Thanks for letting me know I’m not the only who gets it. It’s too bad it’s even an issues because I like all Mopar. Whether it’s SXT, SRT or anything in between. I would never knock someone for having “just” an SXT or whatever. It’s almost like the Mustang guys with their Shelbys and Cobras. They don’t consider them “Mustangs” and anything beneath them is... well... beneath them.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I'm loving that hemidriver! Be different, stand out from the rest is what I say, and definitely be proud of what you drive....I'm damn proud to drive an R/T and here soon, mine will be putting down Hellcat power, so I'm fine with not having an actual SRT or anything...and I def don't approve of the whole upbadging thing...but to each their own though!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
No prob man....plus, I've always known a Scat is an R/T, just with different stuff/components..and I say, if the Manufacture deems it an R/T, and it doesn't state SRT anywhere on the vehicle (like engine cover, etc..) than it's most likely an R/T base, but with higher trim!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Now there is not much difference between a Scat Pack and an SRT especially if you have the SRT suspension and brakes on the Scat Pack. It’s not the same as a difference between an SXT and an R/T and not that it is knocking someone for having just an SXT but you can’t pretend it is a performance car anymore than you could with a 318 Charger or Plymouth Satellite back in the day. Again, it doesn’t mean the owner of an SXT can’t appreciate that the V6 has dual tail pipes, plenty of pep, gets good gas mileage, looks good and is fun to drive but it is not nor is it advertised as a performance car by the Dodge Brothers. I’m sorry but to me, modifying the exhaust, adding a CAI, changing the wheels and tires on a V6 is no different today than guys who added dual exhausts and a 4 bbl intake on a 69 Plymouth Satellite with a 318 and maybe just a little better than adding a fart can on a Honda Civic. It still doesn’t make it a Road Runner. In a way it is a level beneath an R/T, an R/T is a level beneath a 392 and a 392 is a level beneath a 6.2 supercharged car and you can’t blame the owner’s for feeling like their car is better than the lower level ones. It has always been like that and always will be regardless of the make of car. All owners of high performance cars are the same. Just saying.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I like it. I run into people all the time that upbadge their Scats, RT's, and SXT's with SRT badging at car shows. I mean it's their car they can do whatever they want to it, and everyone that knows anything about them knows it is not an SRT, so it doesn't matter all that much. SP owners say SRT owners are too sensitive, and SRT owners just say "it's not an SRT" . As one of the rare owners of an SRT 392, I just laugh it off.

The real difference isn't the car itself, it's when you have a problem with the car and call customer service. There is a special SRT department that is literally 10x better then dealing with the normal FCA reps. No hassles, no arguments, they cover your car payment while it's in the shop and work directly with the dealer and district reps to make sure everything is taken care of.

Anyways enough about that, beautiful car, and I love the badging you did, I have not seen that on any other car and think it looks great.
There is an SRT customer service department? That's new to me! Awesome news!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree the Scat Pack is "technically" an RT, my 6.4L's valve covers do say Powered by SRT on them.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Looks good!

As a side note about the yellow shipping covers. I left mine on; I did this for two reasons.

1) The roads around here suck, and being low slung I am always scraping the lower part of the nose.

2) I actually liked the way it looked (my car and all that).

I hit a pipe that fell off the truck in front of me on the interstate back in March. The pipe was abut 6 ft long
and perhaps as much as 2-3 inches in diameter. I didn't see it, but this is what my wife is telling me. The yellow shipping covers took a direct hit on the left side of my bumper, the pipe bounded down the side of the car and impacted just below the driver's door. It left a hell of a dent, but the bumper didn't even get a ding; only thing that happened to the bumper is the fog light bezel was knocked loose, which was able to be quickly snapped back into place.

20190328_152530.jpg 20190328_142637.jpg

Exco

1 - 14 of 14 Posts