Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hoses busted on my tranny and we replaced it and added oil but now my car won’t my go over 35mphs. If I turn off my car and turn it back on it will end up going 60mphs. I’ve read some things about pulling the fuses or disconnecting the negative cable on the battery but not sure where I should start. Can anyone give me any suggestions? T.i.a.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Sounds like the car is going into Limp-In mode. When a problem is detected that could possibly damage the engine or transmission the car will go into Limp mode and restrict the RPMs, speed, etc ... After a key Off/On cycle Limp mode may get reset and allow the car to function normal again.
I suspect the transmission fluid level is too low. You added some fluid but there is a specific procedure for checking the fluid level. If you have the NAG1 5-speed transmission the fluid level has to be checked along with the fluid temperature in order to determine if it's the correct level.
You can refer to the correct procedure using the repair manual ... available online at the following website.

https://www.roswell-nm.gov/1112/Chilton-Auto-Repair-Library

1 - 3 of 3 Posts