Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a little help to get this piece of trim off. On the rear door- on the rear of the window glass there is a triangular piece of plastic rapped by a thin weatherstrip. How do you get this piece off.
Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
26 Posts
Need a little help to get this piece of trim off. On the rear door- on the rear of the window glass there is a triangular piece of plastic rapped by a thin weatherstrip. How do you get this piece off.
Thanks,
Ken
Hi Ken, I just read your post and went out to my garage to take a look at my 2006 SRT8. That piece of plastic is probably held in place by one of two methods: clipped in place or glued in place.

I would be tempted to go with the glue idea. If you have a heat gun, you can try to heat up that piece of plastic VERY carefully and see if that loosens it up. I would put the window all the way down so you don't heat the glass. This is only my opinion about how it's held there, but I have loosened many parts that were glued in place with a heat gun. I have no idea what kind of glue holds it in place, if it is glue. Some glues are exceptionally strong and some aren't.

If it is clipped in place, I don't want to venture any ideas about how it comes off.

Your other alternative is to go to a dealer and ask them. Better yet, if you go to a good body shop, they can probably help you.

If you try it on your own with a heat gun, be very, very careful not to destroy or distort the plastic. Heat it slowly..

Best of luck...Oldphart

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dude, how many times are you going to post this question lol?
https://www.chargerforumz.com/threads/06-charger-help-with-weatherstrip.191034

You've been told how to do it...do NOT take a heat gun to it unless you wanna mess it up
Dude, how many times are you going to post this question lol?
https://www.chargerforumz.com/threads/06-charger-help-with-weatherstrip.191034

You've been told how to do it...do NOT take a heat gun to it unless you wanna mess it up
Hemiloadstar, I love the color of your Charger. My SRT8 is also Inferno Red and everyone who sees it likes it. Except my wife who doesn't like red, of course.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hemiloadstar, I love the color of your Charger. My SRT8 is also Inferno Red and everyone who sees it likes it. Except my wife who doesn't like red, of course.
Thanks, I wish I could still drive it, this is what it looks like now (minus a few parts):
IMAG3999.jpg

Sorry, I got your name wrong. I should pay closer attention...
That's nothing compared to my real name gets screwed up on a daily basis LMAO

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Nah they totaled it. I bought it back, been sitting in the driveway since last year as I strip it between surgeries and other projects lol.

·
Registered
26 Posts
When you say surgeries, am I to assume that you were injured in that crash? It looks bad enough to be a life threatening incident. Hope you are okay now.

Too bad about the car though. 2006s are getting pretty hard to come by. I looked at several and most of them were pretty beat up or abused. Not that I don't like the new chargers and challengers, I don't have that kind of money to buy a fairly new one here in Canada. Prices here are considerably higher than in the US.

I was lucky to find the SRT that I have. I originally was looking for an R/T but then this SRT showed up. Low mileage, never winter driven, always stored inside and well maintained. When I had the car on a hoist and looked at the undersides, I have never seen a car so clean on the bottom.

Are you going to look for another Charger?

Take care....Oldphart

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
When you say surgeries, am I to assume that you were injured in that crash? It looks bad enough to be a life threatening incident. Hope you are okay now.

Too bad about the car though. 2006s are getting pretty hard to come by. I looked at several and most of them were pretty beat up or abused. Not that I don't like the new chargers and challengers, I don't have that kind of money to buy a fairly new one here in Canada. Prices here are considerably higher than in the US.

I was lucky to find the SRT that I have. I originally was looking for an R/T but then this SRT showed up. Low mileage, never winter driven, always stored inside and well maintained. When I had the car on a hoist and looked at the undersides, I have never seen a car so clean on the bottom.

Are you going to look for another Charger?

Take care....Oldphart
No, car protected me just fine. Kidney stone, stents and a kidney mass. I'm not a fan of the newer styles either, but since I have a Magnum I'm not gonna look for another Charger. I bought the Charger back so I could strip the fun parts off to put on the Magnum lol.

·
Registered
26 Posts
No, car protected me just fine. Kidney stone, stents and a kidney mass. I'm not a fan of the newer styles either, but since I have a Magnum I'm not gonna look for another Charger. I bought the Charger back so I could strip the fun parts off to put on the Magnum lol.
Nice to know that stuff off the Charger will fit on the Magnum. My son had a Magnum that he bought from a car dealer but he had lots of problems with it and got rid of it. It wasn't new. He would like to get his hands on my SRT. lol

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Nice to know that stuff off the Charger will fit on the Magnum. My son had a Magnum that he bought from a car dealer but he had lots of problems with it and got rid of it. It wasn't new. He would like to get his hands on my SRT. lol
I'm sure he would lol. 300, Charger, Magnum, Challenger, all same basic car underneath with some slight variations. Lots of parts sharing/upgrades that can be done. My Charger had SRT struts/shocks/springs and police sway bars.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm sure he would lol. 300, Charger, Magnum, Challenger, all same basic car underneath with some slight variations. Lots of parts sharing/upgrades that can be done. My Charger had SRT struts/shocks/springs and police sway bars.
Speaking of underbody parts, when I first got my Charger, it had a little clunk in the front end, as I've read about in several posts about noisy front ends. I ended up changing the front sway bar bushings, tension struts, and both front struts. Now the car is back to normal. Because the suspension is so stiff, it is not the smoothest riding beast and you can feel just about every little bump in the road, but that is just the nature of this car. Was your Charger the same way?

Years ago, I was a licensed motorcycle mechanic and worked in a Kawasaki shop that my buddy and I ran. In those days, I would tackle any kind of repair on any vehicle, but I don't do that anymore. I was very fortunate to find transmission shop in my area run by two ex-Chrysler trained mechanics. They are very familiar with my SRT and if I want anything done that I don't feel like doing myself, I take it to them.

Take care....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts