Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have to replace my passenger side head due to broken exhaust manifold bolts in the head that cant be removed. I ordered a remanufactured head and got it in the mail. Issue I'm having is the card that was sent with the head says the head needs to be timed. Now I assume they are talking about the timing of the engine. My plan is to remove the old head, replace it with new gaskets, bolts etc. Now would I have to reset timing? Engine is staying in the car. I have pulled the old head before and bolted it back up with no issues but this being a new head I know it has been resurfaced, new valves, seats, springs. Should I be worried or just install it like I did last time?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I've never heard of timing a head in this sort of application. Stock eagle head for stock eagle head, correct? Same valvespring height, etc? Timing chain isn't coming off?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Correct. Stock eagle head, same valve spring height, timing chain, cam all not being touched. Only pulling the head off, new gaskets, bolts, reusing the push rods.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Do it to it then, just make sure your head gasket is the exact same thickness as the stocker on the other side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts