Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I turn the key my Charger will turn over maybe 1/8-1/4 turn and stop, it won't try to start for ten seconds like it's supposed to. I thought it was the starter and put a brand new one on it, that didn't fix it. I thought maybe it was a fuse or solenoid, they're all good. I even tried replacing the crankshaft sensor, it still won't start. I don't know what else it could be. Help??

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I assume you had the main battery load tested?

·
Registered
18 Posts
How many miles are on it? Long shot here: If I recall timing belt change on the 3.5 V6 is somewhere just over a 100K miles, check your maintenance schedule to be sure. It possibly could have jumped timing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I got it to start by crossing out the starter with the key in the start position. Just crossing out the starter with the key on, only made it spin but not engage. Could it be the ignition actuator pin is partially broken and slipping?

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
There's several interlocks in the start/run sequence and a problem with any of the interlocks can prevent the car from starting. Have you plugged a OBD2/CAN scanner into the car's OBD2 port to see if any codes have been logged?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts