Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, my 09' SXT literally just stopped starting up. the vehicle is well kept and maintained with zero issues until now. No engine codes at all. has about 135k miles and got it brand new. Drove home the other night during a 'torrential' rain storm but nothing I haven't done before, turned the car off and the next morning , NOTHING. I tried jumping, nothing, so I checked online and people and say the fuel pump was more than likely the issue, bc once about 6 months ago while driving down the highway at about 80mph the car completely shut off, I coasted to the shoulder and it started right back up and never did it again. so after reading bad fuel pump symptoms that sounded like one so replaced it (driver side pump) and NOTHING still.I have checked all relays and fuses but nothing seems blown or out of place. a mechanic told me I needed to replace the passenger side pump also but some forums say that pump would give of a code or improper tank level. and neither is happening.

Here is a video of the new fuel pump "priming" I suppose and still no start so after a little starting fluid in the intake. it starts but shuts off.

Here is a video days later(today), however I don't hear the same "priming" noise I heard before but there is some noise. Please help me!

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
The main fuel pump module is on the driver side. The main fuel pump module pumps the fuel through a filter to the auxiliary fuel pump module, on the passenger side, through a supply line inside the fuel tank. The fuel pressure regulator is inside the auxiliary fuel pump module, it regulates the pressure at 58 psi and sends fuel to the engine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The main fuel pump module is on the driver side. The main fuel pump module pumps the fuel through a filter to the auxiliary fuel pump module, on the passenger side, through a supply line inside the fuel tank. The fuel pressure regulator is inside the auxiliary fuel pump module, it regulates the pressure at 58 psi and sends fuel to the engine.
Thanks but I know that already, any idea what's wrong with my vehicle

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Could be a ground issue with the wiring harness or any number of things. Have you plugged a OBD2/CAN scanner into the OBD2 port to see if any codes have been logged?

·
Registered
1 Posts
If the car crank but doesn't start its most probably a fuel pump. I've had the same issue with my 06 RT where it would completely die and then start back up right away. My fuel pump had air leaking through it causing the engine to die every now and then.
If you want my advice, get one of those cheap Chinese pumps for $30 before paying the whole price for the pump which I think is around $300 give or take a little.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts