Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have recently started thinking about trading my 2013 Mustang GT for a 16-18 Charger. Is there anything specifically to look for in the 16's-18's, good or bad?

I really do like my Mustang, it's just kind of small, I don't like when the whole family loads up in it, becomes cramped quick. My kids are 18 & 16 so we don't load up often, but when we do.
My Mustang also sits in a building about 90% of the time, I don't drive it often. I'm thinking I'd drive the Charger more, maybe even DD it.

It'll have to be the 392.

Thanks

·
Registered
947 Posts
Welcome to the site CobraG.

392 is the way to go. I had a 5.7L R/T for a year and am much happier with the 392. I daily drive mine. When you test drive one, make sure you drive it where you go and at the speeds you go. There are dips in the road and railroad crossings I approach much differently in my Scat Pack than in the R/T or any of our other cars. I see you are in Oklahoma. Be cautious of the low front end clearance if the car will see snow.

Check the undercarriage from the front wheels forward for magnitude of srapage. There will be gouges. Also check the top edge of of the door panels. Some of the door skins delaminate from the panel at the window.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, thank you for the reply and advice. I didn't get to go look at a Charger this weekend, but I do have my eye on a couple of 2018's.
I'll have to continue to work on my wife, she really likes my 2013 Mustang and doesn't want me to trade it.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Oh good god, it's going to be night and day difference between the 2 cars. The 392 is probably more potent than your 2013 Mustang unless its been modified. You'll actually have a couple useful places to put more than 1 drink and your cell phone. Your Kids will love the heated back seats and your going to love the view while driving. Even backing up, you can actually see whats behind you without a backup camera. And the trunk space will blow you away haha. It comes down to options and features. Make sure you get the ones you want. Don't settle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Mustang isn't stock so it'd probably be close. But, the room in the Charger... Like you said, more than one useful cup holder, somewhere to put my phone besides the passenger side seat, unless someone's in it, then it rides between my legs. My Mustang has the back up sensors, no camera so that would be nice.
At this stage in my life I'm not really interested in modding cars, maybe exhaust and an intake, but my days of light to light racing are behind me.
I would like to have a nice fun car that everyone fits comfortably in. Even if it's just me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts