Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’ve got a 2017 Pursuit Charger with the 5.7 hemi that im dropping a 6.4 scatpack engine in and a roots blows and I’m wondering if the 8HP90 is the same size as the NAG1 in the car so I can just put the 8HP90 in also and will the bolt patterns on the 90 be the same as the NAG1 on the input from the engine and on the output to the transfer case, also what transfer case is behind the NAG1 from the factory if it’s not the same as the 90 will I need to swap it if so are the bolt patterns the same

· Registered
1,024 Posts
I’ve got a 2017 Pursuit Charger with the 5.7 hemi that im dropping a 6.4 scatpack engine in and a roots blows and I’m wondering if the 8HP90 is the same size as the 8HP45 in the car so I can just put the 8HP90 in also and will the bolt patterns on the 90 be the same as the 45 on the input from the engine and on the output to the transfer case, also what transfer case is behind the 45’s from the factory if it’s not the same as the 90 will I need to swap it if so are the bolt patterns the same
Being a Pursuit you have a NAG1 in there not the 8 speed. Specially being a AWD. Also, Boosting a 6.4 is delicate due to piston ring design.

I think you should research it alot more than what you have. Specialyl seeing you do not even know what trans is in the car.

· Registered
1,737 Posts
If you gap the rings for boost lots of the risk is gone. 8psi and correct tune would be a blast. But AWD is not a good idea to push.

Reactions: RPMRPM

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Being a Pursuit you have a NAG1 in there not the 8 speed. Specially being a AWD. Also, Boosting a 6.4 is delicate due to piston ring design.

I think you should research it alot more than what you have. Specialyl seeing you do not even know what trans is in the car.
They’re still running the NAG1 that’s in the 2010 SRT cars? One of my friends has a 2010 SRT charger that he swapped the 8HP70 into to be honest I’m coming from the diesel market I really only dealt with the 47RE transmissions and the NP241 transfer case in my 98 ram till I bought this car, do you know if I could put a 8HP90 and the transfer case (with whatever computers are required) out of a trackhawk/TRX in the charger or would there be way to much modification of the transmission tunnel/different bolt patterns?

· Registered
209 Posts
It is reported that the 6.4 doesn’t like upgrading, that it is near the top performance wise as is. If the 5.7 is good, I recommend a KB Blower. Gives about 500 crank. Under 10k installed. 2.8, Liquid Cooled, Twin Screw. Just live with the NAG.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is reported that the 6.4 doesn’t like upgrading, that it is near the top performance wise as is. If the 5.7 is good, I recommend a KB Blower. Gives about 500 crank. Under 10k installed. 2.8, Liquid Cooled, Twin Screw. Just live with the NAG.
View attachment 127376
I’ve been looking at kenne bell for my 69 cuda if the 6.4 really has issues upgrade wise maybe I’ll sell it and stick with the 5.7 or put a 6.1 in it from my buddies extra 10 SRT parts car if I can buy it off him

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
View attachment 127376
Have you drove the car a lot since you put the kenne hell on it? Is it the AWD Car? If you’ve tracked it how dose it hook up launching under boost? And how dose the NAG and T-case hold up?

· Registered
209 Posts
It was an 09 M6 R/T. The ESP is hyper sensitive but can be overcome. No track time. Tire smoke on demand. The roll on was amazing. This was a Challenger. It really woke up the 5.7. The whine made me nuts so I sold it to the wife's grandson for a song. Wish i had it back. Got a Redeye to satisfy the whine drug.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was an 09 M6 R/T. The ESP is hyper sensitive but can be overcome. No track time. Tire smoke on demand. The roll on was amazing. This was a Challenger. It really woke up the 5.7. The whine made me nuts so I sold it to the wife's grandson for a song. Wish i had it back. Got a Redeye to satisfy the whine drug.
View attachment 127378
Did you beat on the car a lot? And the NAG held up well it sounds like has it held up for your wife’s grandson well too or did the trans need to be rebuilt yet?

· Registered
209 Posts
It is a 6 speed manual. He pounds it hard. When he comes home, the tires are still smoldering. Wife has an 06 Daytona with the NAG. Just a driver but has been reliable with just one mid life fluid and filter change.

The ZF A8 HP 90 TorqueFlite is amazing though. Very intuitive and light years ahead of the old German 5 speed. Apples and oranges though and a helluva big hole to cut To get one in.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is a 6 speed manual. He pounds it hard. When he comes home, the tires are still smoldering. Wife has an 06 Daytona with the NAG. Just a driver but has been reliable with just one mid life fluid and filter change.

The ZF A8 HP 90 TorqueFlite is amazing though. Very intuitive and light years ahead of the old German 5 speed. Apples and oranges though and a helluva big hole to cut To get one in.
View attachment 127379
Awesome thanks for all the info man I really appreciate it

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good luck. Keep us posted. A 5.7 AWD is a nice ride in its own right. Tried to buy one, owner changed his mind. I had to settle for the SP, since the AWD V8 is no longer offered. View attachment 127380
Thanks I will, sorry to hear that, if you decide you wanna give it a shot a cop car is the way to go I got this car for 7 put the 8.4” display instead of the little one ($650) swapped from that cloth to leather don’t remember how much I was in that for, and put the 2010 SRT floor shifter in (i think I was in that for like $300) and I love it so far just needs some more HP now

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks I will, sorry to hear that, if you decide you wanna give it a shot a cop car is the way to go I got this car for 7 put the 8.4” display instead of the little one ($650) swapped from that cloth to leather don’t remember how much I was in that for, and put the 2010 SRT floor shifter in (i think I was in that for like $300) and I love it so far just needs some more HP now
I’m also thinking about getting rid of that awful 3.06 gear ratio lol I’m thinking about swapping to the 3.92’s out of a manual challenger

1 - 14 of 14 Posts