Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2020 Scat Pack with 20,180 miles throwed her first code the other morning on a remote start. t was about 26 degrees that morning and I hit the remote start, the car started and about 5 seconds later shut off. The P0171 code and check engine light were on. The car started normally and ran fine on my way to work. Later that day after 3-4 starts the check engine light went away but the code remained stored in the diagnostics. I took it to the closest dealer and they said it was left bank too RICH and they would order an oxygen sensor for it. After looking the code up it shows "Fuel System 1/1 LEAN", not Rich as the dealer stated.
The dealer finally called me back yesterday after getting the sensor in to bring the car back to them and they would install the sensor. I have been driving the car for a couple weeks since the code was thrown and have noticed anything different with the car, it still runs terrific.
Anyone have the same code or problem?

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Charger RT
3 Posts
When you get P0171 yes your car is running lean, and because of that your car is going to composite for that and inject more fuel than usual so now its running rich but Its not going to tell you its running rich because thats not the main issue. I have and still have my P0171 code after trying so many things to find the issue I am being told my bank 1 sensor 1 (upstream) is reading a low voltage. I just went a bought a OEM o2 sensor because the one that was on there was aftermarket, and Im hoping that fixes the issue. If you still have the CEL, I would recommend getting that fixed. I have had my CEL for a month now, at first I didn't notice anything wrong my car drove perfectly fine then after some time I started getting rough idles, backfires, spark plugs were black because I was running rich due to the P0171.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you get P0171 yes your car is running lean, and because of that your car is going to composite for that and inject more fuel than usual so now its running rich but Its not going to tell you its running rich because thats not the main issue. I have and still have my P0171 code after trying so many things to find the issue I am being told my bank 1 sensor 1 (upstream) is reading a low voltage. I just went a bought a OEM o2 sensor because the one that was on there was aftermarket, and Im hoping that fixes the issue. If you still have the CEL, I would recommend getting that fixed. I have had my CEL for a month now, at first I didn't notice anything wrong my car drove perfectly fine then after some time I started getting rough idles, backfires, spark plugs were black because I was running rich due to the P0171.
My P0171 code appeared one time on a cold start. The check engine light went away after a few starts so I'm guessing it was a one time thing. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the O2 sensor on the bank that threw the code. Car is still under warranty so I have not added any upgrades, only a catch can.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Charger RT
3 Posts
My P0171 code appeared one time on a cold start. The check engine light went away after a few starts so I'm guessing it was a one time thing. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the O2 sensor on the bank that threw the code. Car is still under warranty so I have not added any upgrades, only a catch can.
Well thats very good, hopefully mine gets fixed soon ):

1 - 4 of 4 Posts