Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I thought I would go all out for my first mod... OEM SRT8 Fascia, hood and rocker panels. I’m starting to think it’s off to a bad start. The fascia and hood just got delivered and I’m not sure how upset I should be at the moment. The fascia has a nasty bow on top and some deep scratches to go with it. Also one corner on the hood looks damaged and has primer scratches as well. Pics below. Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Have your shop look at them to determine if they can be fixed or should be returned. I would do so ASAP and make sure the place you bought them from is aware of the condition.

·
Registered
15,692 Posts
Who was the vendor? For sure contact them to make them aware of it. The fascia bow might straighten itself out. Hopefully a body expert will chime in. But both very unacceptable, especially being OEM.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don’t wanna rag on the vendor. They have been notified and said they are taking care of it. That’s good enough for me and they’ll get kudos if it’s done right. Plus I believe UPS is probably to blame for the damage.
I’m sure anything can be "fixed"... But it would drive up my installation cost which is already insane, and I don’t want any bondo on virgin OEM SRT8 parts.

I guess while I'm waiting on new parts. Does anyone have a body shop recommendation in the St. Louis/Metro east region?

·
Registered
15,692 Posts
^^True. But that is poorly packed I am sure for it to have that caused to it. Guess it was dropped shipped from a Mopar dealer.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Definitely contact the seller. .Have that returned. . That's bad biz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts