Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how long these 2.7L's are going to hold up. What kind of miles can I get out of mine and what can I expect to go wrong? Anything they're known for going wrong? Leaks, trans, etc....

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
I've gone 38,000 miles with no problems. Only thing I have with my car, is when it get's a bit humid outside my left side wheel does with on and off squeek thing. Like everytime the wheel hits a certain point you'll hear it. I'm sure once I get my new rims and change out the pads and rotars it'll be different. I think the 2.7's hold their own for sure. Mine does:)

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
I dont have the se, but i got over 110000 miles on mine..just a lil minor issues but not bad!! I know u can get some high miles out of the engines!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ive got a 2007 R/t with 29,500 on it and my transmission feels sketchy at time idk if its normal or what it just shifts hard or wont shift up when ure coasting in parking lots its not that bad though when im hard on it it seems fine its almost like its meant to be beat on but when you baby it the trany gets upset

·
Registered
7,524 Posts
My 2.7 will hit 130K this week and with regular maintenance it is still running strong.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I had an '07 SRT (until last week) and it had 43k on it with NO mechanical issues at all.:TU:

·
Registered
409 Posts
About to hit 30k with no issues besides a bad sensor.

·
Registered
6,384 Posts
67500 on my 3.5

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm at 65,800. Bought it with 41k and some change only had it 13 months. Having a problem with the left rear caliper sticking right now. It's bad enough that I go through a tank of gas every 3 days or less.

Is the power train warranty transferable between owners? Does anyone know? Or should I call the dodge dealer by my house and ask them.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I'm at 65,800. Bought it with 41k and some change only had it 13 months. Having a problem with the left rear caliper sticking right now. It's bad enough that I go through a tank of gas every 3 days or less.

Is the power train warranty transferable between owners? Does anyone know? Or should I call the dodge dealer by my house and ask them.
Email Dodge customer service will be the fastest.

I got mine used with 7000 miles on it. I contacted Dodge's customer service and they told me as long as I am the registered owner of the car they will honor the warranty. Luckily, the previous owner didnt register the VIN at dodge so I got the 3yr/36000mile warranty. It did take me some effort to get my local dodge dealer to accept that I get free service. I printed out the email the Dodge customer service department sent me and asked them to call my dealer. So yeah, give it a shot!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
112,253 on my 2.7 2006. I am replacing the master cylinder Monday. Thats the only thing wrong.
WOW.... That's good to hear.... I have been driving mine very nice since I got it. It's by baby...:D

I've only got 3100 miles on my 2010... But the tranny shifts funny sometimes. It may just be me. Being paranoid too.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
WOW.... That's good to hear.... I have been driving mine very nice since I got it. It's by baby...:D

I've only got 3100 miles on my 2010... But the tranny shifts funny sometimes. It may just be me. Being paranoid too.
That's the common problem of the 42rle trans. They got this tranny for all v6 after 2007 Chargers. Good way to cut down cost and ruin it for us v6.:shakehead:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got a reply back from dodge and they said I don't have any warranty left. Looks like it's time to trade in, lol.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I bought my charger 3.5l v6 with 30,000 miles on it and now I have just over 60,000 miles. Its been solid as a rock and drives like new still.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts