Dodge Charger Forum banner
81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have heard of issues with the 2.7L, but not sure what they are. I have 184,000 on my '07 3.5L and other than the common tick at start up from the rocker shafts, I don't have any issues and I can see getting 300,000 out of this car easy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mine just hit 91k at the begining of the month. I considered trading in for a 13 but I'm gonna ride it til the wheels fall off!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I am rocking 59K on a 2008 3.5L AWD and i am loving every minute of it. Just had the transmission fluid and filter changed and the transfer case fluid changed out. no one is going to pry this baby out of my hands until it dies.

only problems outside of standard maintenance is i had to replace the inner and outer tie rods on the car.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
38500 on my 2006, of course I bought it last October with 29000 on it!!!!!!:4-dontknow::4-dontknow::4-dontknow:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had to share Just happened on 4-20-13
Good Bye triple Digits:sad: Baby's first 1k :wow::TU:
Electronics Speedometer Display device Auto part Technology Electronics Display device Technology Speedometer Electronic device
Josh

Attachments

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
my 2.7L just hit 29,000...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've racked up about 85,000 had it since 2007 with 18k miles. I've had an issue with my shifter getting stuck in park which is a minor fix, in my opinion, and with my air bleeder for my coolant system. Other than that she's still join strong since i first got her.

·
Registered
7,524 Posts
Almost at 167K...........

·
Registered
76 Posts
So far I have 135,438. I use quality oil and oil filter and keep up with routine maintenance. Issues I have had: Bad coolant bleeder (replaced for 35 bucks), bad transmission at 50,000 miles (extended warranty covered it) and that is it. Only issue I have right now is so minor and it is this: While at idle, sometimes it feels like the car sputters but it's so light. It's rare. Overall I am super happy with my car except that it's the 2.7 and not the 6.1!!! Once my car dies (which will be a sad day) I'm going to get the 5.7 or 6.1.

Tech49

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've got 185,000 on my 2006 with no major work done. Im about to do my timing chain, water pump, and oil pump. Other than that just small things like manifold/valve cover gaskets, EGR valve, oil pressure sensor and a replaced PCM.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've got 185,000 on my 2006 with no major work done. Im about to do my timing chain, water pump, and oil pump. Other than that just small things like manifold/valve cover gaskets, EGR valve, oil pressure sensor and a replaced PCM.
Let me know the details on that when you do it. I just turned 148,000 miles on my car today and was wondering when I should replace that timing chain and water pump. If I may ask why are you doing the oil pump? I have heard when you do the timing chain and water pump, its a good idea to do the thermostat as well. Could be wrong but its what I have heard. Best of luck my friend.

Tech49

·
Registered
42 Posts
Only because I'll already have the timing chain off and because it came in the kit of parts I bought, I also bought an oil pickup tube too. Though after research, the oil pump replacement requires dropping the oil pan which is its own pain in the butt, so depending on how I feel I may decide to do that on another date.

81 - 100 of 118 Posts