Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Z! I had to express my happiness you guys on what happened yesterday. Well, I approached the traffic light and of course noticed another "muscle" car to the side of me (Camaro). We both acknowledged each other proceeded to await for the light to change. As it changed I noticed a quick take off approach. So, politely engaged by only reving slightly. The car again decided to give it some gas. I said OK, I then lagged off a bit and went all in "Blowing" the doors off of the Camaro, who NOW wants to "slow" it down...lol. As we both approached the cross street, here comes the CHALLY. As we got to the next light I knew that the Chally wanted his "turn" so again I waited for the light to change to see what was on their mind and of course the "Challenge" was made(Ironic huh..lol) So, I know that I have 22" rims and most people that try me don't have rims at all. I then again went ALL in and caught up with the CHALLY passing him up going through the intersection. He, unfortunately failed to make the light at the next intersection from not knowing how to effectively navigate through traffic:TU:

·
Registered
298 Posts
what year and model of camaro? i find it hard to believe a 1st gen SE with 22's can beat anything lol

good on ya though! drive safe!

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks to me to have been at least a 2011. Well I agree but not everyone that has the speed available to them actually know how to utilize it.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Did the other cars know they were racing?

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did the other cars know they were racing?
Maybe not, or may the sound I was putting out was somewhat intimidating to the drivers? I rarely take the chance based on previous experiences with take off delays and the fact that I'm much heavier than other cars that try me

·
Registered
626 Posts
Maybe not, or may the sound I was putting out was somewhat intimidating to the drivers? I rarely take the chance based on previous experiences with take off delays and the fact that I'm much heavier than other cars that try me
Doubt that, they probably either didn't know they were racing, or they felt traffic was too heavy to risk it. Because the 2011 V6 Camaro's are 312hp, the 2014's are 332. Your 2008 Charger SE is 190hp (maybe 200hp with your mods). Your weight is 4160lbs, a 2011 Camaro V6 is 3780lbs. So he's pushing at least 122hp more than you, and weigh's 380lbs less... That's a HUGE advantage for him.

A V6 Challenger is pretty much the same situation, 305hp for a 2011, and 3834lbs. So once again a lot more power, and less weight. It's just really unlikely in a straight up heads up race you'd be able to take either of them, especially with 22" rims...

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I hate to agree, but a 2008 SE running on 22's, even with light power mods, you're looking at 0-60 in the 10 second range. Those other cars can likely beat you at half-throttle.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Nice. I feel good too when I smoke SRT's.

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea I feel what you guys are saying, but a win is a win. I know that my car is pretty slow, but hey it feels good to at least "feel" like a winner

·
Registered
42 Posts
I hate to agree, but a 2008 SE running on 22's, even with light power mods, you're looking at 0-60 in the 10 second range. Those other cars can likely beat you at half-throttle.
Har! I had a 2010/4A 3.5 rental and it was not what I'd call a quick car. The 2010 Taurus I rented later was quicker by a good bit.

Might have some false memory syndrome ^^ there. A 2005 300 did this: It was actually the 4 speed A/T equipped Chrysler 300 which reached 60 mph in 7.3 seconds. I looked up my old write-up at another site.

It's the 2.7 that will be running 10-second 60 times. A 3.5 with 22s...someone needs to clock their car.

http://www.krem.com/traffic/2-car-wreck-blocking-Washington-at-York-192151671.html

·
Registered
210 Posts
Glad you're enjoying your car but this one would make the "come on, man!" reel. I can beat an AMG Black Edition if its parked too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts