Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a 2010 Charger with 20” wheels. I want to switch to a set of 18” alloys from a 2014 Charger. What issues, if any, should I expect? My Rallye has dual piston calipers up front, which presented a problem last year when ordering brakes (online). Rotors were too small. The whole kit was too small, leading me to believe I have an R/T brake setup. Any info y’all provide would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I was thinking I might need a taller tire if I go with the 18’s. I don’t have a tuning platform yet. I was looking to use an open source tuning platform, but have yet to come across a “Mopar” usb to OBD2 cable that’s stand alone. If it even exists. I’ve been weighing the options of BullyDog vs. Diablo vs. Syked for PC. Any thoughts???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

So here’s where I’m at. 235 55 R 18’s. They aren’t as wide as the current 245’s but they’re really close as far as height is concerned. Currently running 245 45 R 20’s. But hey, I got these rims & tires at $100 for the set!!! The speedo currently reads about 1-2 mph UNDER actual as it sits now on the 245’s. I wonder what the effect will be if I straight swap without updating the PCM?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Original tire size for 1st gen 18's was 235/60; if you have a V6 then 20's weren't an option that year. You may have just set the speedo back to or at least closer to accurate lol.
Lol, I think you’re right. My tire dummy light has been on, but I’m running 235 55’s. I’ve noticed the back end let’s loose ALOT easier now and also it’s not so sturdy in the rain. But I love the look and it does save some weight. My next question tho... Tuning Platform. I’ve looked into Diablo, HP, etc. I like the Trinity T2 EX Platinum. As far as shopping before buying goes. Does anyone know of anything better or another way to go???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts