·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DubCharged
·
Registered
Joined 18 d ago
Have my 2011 Charger R/T. My Daughter engages the child safety locks on the rear driver side door. But now when I try to open the door from the outside it won’t open from the outside or the inside. Am I screwed or does anyone have a fix for my pain?

·
Registered
722 Posts
So you have undone what she did then? Mine has three settings, adult, off, and on. My "normal" is the middle setting.

·
Registered
410 Posts
DubCharged
·
Registered
Joined 18 d ago
Have my 2011 Charger R/T. My Daughter engages the child safety locks on the rear driver side door. But now when I try to open the door from the outside it won’t open from the outside or the inside. Am I screwed or does anyone have a fix for my pain?
Unless your 2011 works differently from my 2014, the Child Protection Door Lock System has no effect on the outside door handle. My owner's manual says this; "For emergency exit with the system engaged, move the lock knob up (unlocked position), roll down the window and open the door with the outside door handle."

If you can't open the door from the outside with the manual lock knob up, either the door lock or latch mechanism is broken.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unless your 2011 works differently from my 2014, the Child Protection Door Lock System has no effect on the outside door handle. My owner's manual says this; "For emergency exit with the system engaged, move the lock knob up (unlocked position), roll down the window and open the door with the outside door handle."

If you can't open the door from the outside with the manual lock knob up, either the door lock or latch mechanism is broken.
Okay thanks I’ll have to try the emergency exit first of not I’m gonna have to schedule an appointment with dodge to have them look at the door cause before this happened the door was iffy already like it would open but sometimes it wouldn’t open right away

1 - 5 of 5 Posts