Dodge Charger Forum banner

2006 5.7 Hemi Ground Locations

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  djalbin 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, can anyone let me where all the grounds are located for my 2006 5.7 Hemi? If not, could you please recommend a good site to go and get this info.? Even if I need to pay for it. Having some electrical gremlins and would like to make sure I have them all cleaned and making good contact. Was able to find a few of them inside the engine compartment. Thank you in advance.

#2 ·
I have very similar questions on the ground issues. I have problems with EGR, MAP and O2 sensors after engine overhaul. Also the car sat outside in the Kansas weather for at least a year before I started working on it.
I bought this Charger RT 5.7L with a dropped intake seat . It damaged the engine block and ruined the passenger side cylinder head. The intake manifold was full of metal pieces. The car is running except with the above issues. I have just replaced the radiator, (Found a hole in it after replacing the engine) and EGR valve, and still have an EGR code P0406. I have disconnected the harness and it checks OK. Before I condemn the PCM, I want to find and clean all the grounds. Maybe even clean and solder them all. I also have Code P0129.

#3 ·
P0129 is a code for barometric pressure reading is out-of-range
There's a MAP sensor (manifold absolute pressure) and P0129 is logged when the PCM senses the voltage from the MAP sensor is less than 2.2 volts
The PCM provides the 5V supply to the MAP sensor and also a sensor ground. The MAP sensor sends a voltage signal to the PCM indicating the air intake manifold pressure.
Check the condition of the wiring harness/connectors between the PCM and MAP sensor. Could be a short or open. The MAP sensor is mounted on the rear of the air intake manifold.

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.