Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a crack in my winshield and Safelite had repaired it. But as its getting hotter, I see that the crack has started growing. Safelite says that if the repair fails then the next option is windshield replacement.

I see that the windshield I have on my car has 'Pilkington Solar' written at the right bottom corner and I see that the winshield has some tint ( not sure what %). The replacement glass that Safelite wants to put is a clear one. My question is, does the 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona comes with the factory installed tinted glass or the previous owner might have added a tint film on the windhield? Does anyone know any good windshield replacement shop around Raleigh, NC? I have seen lot of bad reviews about safelite with their windshield replacement.

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
I dont know. I would think from the factory the front windshield comes with some form of tint. I am not for sure though. Good luck.

·
Registered
929 Posts
[URL="http://raleighglass.com/"][url]http://raleighglass.com/[/URL][/URL]

I worked here many many years ago and the owner is a very honest and dedicated person. I was friends with his son and he came down harder on us and expected more from us than anyone else in the shop. I believe it was because we were younger and he didn't want us to do a bad job and have his name on in. At least give them a call and tell them your situation and that you want an exact replacement windshield with tint. You won't like a generic non tinted glass like Safelite is wanting to put in.

BTW, I grew up in Cary. Don't see to many people on message boards from there ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had a crack in my winshield and Safelite had repaired it. But as its getting hotter, I see that the crack has started growing. Safelite says that if the repair fails then the next option is windshield replacement.

I see that the windshield I have on my car has 'Pilkington Solar' written at the right bottom corner and I see that the winshield has some tint ( not sure what %). The replacement glass that Safelite wants to put is a clear one. My question is, does the 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona comes with the factory installed tinted glass or the previous owner might have added a tint film on the windhield? Does anyone know any good windshield replacement shop around Raleigh, NC? I have seen lot of bad reviews about safelite with their windshield replacement.
Hello,

I know this is a old post ... But due to Myself and wife suffering from daily migraines and live in Florida we have our front windshield done plus the strip at top ( 50% on front and strip 5%) ... Makes huge difference ... As long as you have a medical condition and documentation with you the police can't say anything ... Believe me I have had my run in

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Aftermarket glass sucks. I used to shoot wildlife inventory photography for large remote properties and sometimes I had to grab a frame quickly through the windshield.
I had a rock take it out and the replacement wouldn't allow proper focus or quality like the OE. I was thinking my gear lost calibration but finally nailed it.
Swapped it out and it corrected. Never again.
Otherwise some may never notice.
If you have a year model with acoustic glass make sure you don't cheap out on that one....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts