Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have absolutely no idea how to install a head unit. I got a buddy that's gonna attempt it for me. I have a 2006 charger rt. I know I need to purchase a new bezel that will fit. I was told I was also gonna have to buy a certain type of wiring harness. My buddy said even then I would probably lose my tweeters. So my issue is.. what kind of wiring harness do I need to buy and also is there a way to hook it up where I do not comprise sound quality? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So I have absolutely no idea how to install a head unit. I got a buddy that's gonna attempt it for me. I have a 2006 charger rt. I know I need to purchase a new bezel that will fit. I was told I was also gonna have to buy a certain type of wiring harness. My buddy said even then I would probably lose my tweeters. So my issue is.. what kind of wiring harness do I need to buy and also is there a way to hook it up where I do not comprise sound quality? Thanks for the help.
Hello, I am still in the process of installing radio. There is a adapter made by PAC (the one I purchased was C2R-CHY4 like $60 but sure you can get one cheaper) ... My car did not come with a double din or navigation just aftermarket single din. If your car did come with navigation then order that above mentioned part. This is the part that threw me off cause my car has an amp and not sure how to run wires .... Also don't forget about the antenna adapter (Part # Metram40-CR10 .. I don't have that package anymore) .. $6.99 on Amazon ....You have to go from Chrysler product to aftermarket. Hope this helps. Any questions feel free to reach out. I probably gonna take to shop so they can an install and back up cam to retain steering wheel controls which the above part is suppose to work but I haven't been in the "custom radio" scene since a teenager.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts