Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I'm new to the forum.

I've had my Charger for 4 years now. I never noticed until it was pointed out to me by a friend when I'm driving around and if I let off the gas it feels like the brake pedal is being pressed a little.

Now I now for a fact that the brakes aren't the problem. I replaced the rotors, pads and even the front calipers when I noticed this was happening. They were much needed BTW. I also loosened the parking brake on both rear tires thinking that was the issue but the thing still happens sometimes.

Have any of you guys experience this? Is it normal?

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Are you driving in full automatic shift mode (transmission in 'D') or in AutoStick mode (transmission in 'D +/-'). You will experience engine braking if the transmission is in AutoStick mode.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you driving in full automatic shift mode (transmission in 'D') or in AutoStick mode (transmission in 'D +/-'). You will experience engine braking if the transmission is in AutoStick mode.
I know what you're talking about but I rarely use the D +/- Mode. I know the lag you're thinking but it's not as hard as that, It's a little lighter you can barely feel it but it's enough to see it's there. I think the charger brakes with the engine in normal driving so I really hope that's what it is. The new brakes are thick so I'm gonna give it some time to thin out, hopefully I feel a difference.
Aside from that the car runs great.

·
Registered
411 Posts
mine does that...especially noticeable in lower gears...tranny holds the gear instead of upshifting...just engine braking..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts