Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:4-wavey: ok, SO I drive a 2006 Dodge charger SE 2.7 Liter Engine.. (i know, its not a big Engine) but I recently changed my front struts because they were blown out! I have 83,000 miles on it. (I live in Wisconsin, Most of it is HWY Mileage) ok, so I replaced them about 2 months ago, and at first I noticed the difference. then a week ago. I had to replace my driver Side sway bar. the upper part was completely off. I ordered some on ebay, and had them installed. now i notice that I hear Thud's :3-smash: when im driving on a bumpy road. I dont drive fast on bumps. i try to avoid them. I only replaced the stuts the first time. no bushings no nothing... then I replaces the sway bar link's on both sides. If you know how I can fix this issue, please let me know, and if possible please point me to the right direction to the products. Im only 22, but will be 23 in September 13th. im not mechanically inclined, but I do know the Basics :box2:.

Is there something else i need to replace? anything will help! Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
:4-wavey: ok, SO I drive a 2006 Dodge charger SE 2.7 Liter Engine.. (i know, its not a big Engine) but I recently changed my front struts because they were blown out! I have 83,000 miles on it. (I live in Wisconsin, Most of it is HWY Mileage) ok, so I replaced them about 2 months ago, and at first I noticed the difference. then a week ago. I had to replace my driver Side sway bar. the upper part was completely off. I ordered some on ebay, and had them installed. now i notice that I hear Thud's :3-smash: when im driving on a bumpy road. I dont drive fast on bumps. i try to avoid them. I only replaced the stuts the first time. no bushings no nothing... then I replaces the sway bar link's on both sides. If you know how I can fix this issue, please let me know, and if possible please point me to the right direction to the products. Im only 22, but will be 23 in September 13th. im not mechanically inclined, but I do know the Basics :box2:.

Is there something else i need to replace? anything will help! Thanks Guys!
You might not have the sway bar endlinks tight enough or properly torqued.. They will make a thunk if they are not properly tightened.. that would be where i would start..

·
H-D 883 IRON
12,781 Posts
You might not have the sway bar endlinks tight enough or properly torqued.. They will make a thunk if they are not properly tightened.. that would be where i would start..
Yeah that would be the first thing to check.

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
sounds about right, i would take it back and see if they torqued everything correctly. there might be other underlying problems considering the mileage?:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I will have them check if they are tight enough tomorrow. Im sure this is not the only time you'll hear about me. Im glad that there are guys out there that look out for each other! :) :TU:

·
H-D 883 IRON
12,781 Posts
Thanks guys, I will have them check if they are tight enough tomorrow. Im sure this is not the only time you'll hear about me. Im glad that there are guys out there that look out for each other! :) :TU:

That's the great thing about the 'Z' We all help each other like it should be :TU:

·
Registered
383 Posts
That's the great thing about the 'Z' We all help each other like it should be :TU:
Exactly

I have benifited from the Z's help and advice countless times, Thanks to all :4-wavey:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
UPDATE!!!

Ok Guys!!! I took the Beast (My Charger) to the Shop and they Tighten the sway bar endlinks. They also replaced the Bushings for the Sway Bar. I talked to the owner (which he himself has a Charger, and I told him about this site and he will join soon! :) ) he installed the Bushings and tighten the Sway Bar links for free! :) I am so Glad to have my Beast running smooth again. God Bless you all! Here is a picture of the Beast up in the air!!!

Now im looking to Start on some few mods. This is what I have so far..

·
Registered
239 Posts
You ride is lookin' pretty smooth. I really like the dash. Do you paint those your self?

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Your ride is looking good, so glad to hear your all fixed..:TU:

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Looks good and good thing that's all it was

·
400 cubes of Goodness!!!
10,995 Posts
Glad the Z could be of help, great job Eric pointing him in the right direction. That's cool you got the shop owner to check out the Z as well!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts