Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have problem with engine losing power while driving. Will cut off momentarily, and at times will accelerate on it's own. I have replaced the Computer,TCM, and throttle body. Not throwing codes so I'm lost! Would appreciate any insight! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Was the TCM & throttle body replaced by the dealership? When the TCM is replaced they perform an adaption procedure. The adaptation procedure allows the electronic transmission system to re-calibrate itself. This will provide the proper baseline transmission operation.
When the throttle body is replaced they perform the ETC Relearn (electronic throttle control) procedure. This procedure allows the throttle position sensor to re-calibrate itself.
The problem could be with the accelerator pedal sensors. These sensors send a signal to the throttle body indicating the position & travel of the pedal.
Another possibility is the manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor on the back of the intake manifold. The PCM uses the input signal from the MAP sensor (and other sensors) to determine what pulse-width to use on the fuel injectors (e.g. steady idle, accelerate, decelerate, etc...)

Without diagnostics or any codes being logged it's difficult to determine the exact problem.
The problem could be a electrical ground issue. Check all the ground connections & make sure they're all snug.

·
Banned
4 Posts
Been having bunches of issues with a failure to discharge code and was searching for some assistance. 147k miles. It has been slowing down out of gear and when I'm driving around 1k rpm it will slow down for a second and return to typical. Of late I've been having a failure to discharge come up and have taken a stab at supplanting all fittings and the loop on the chamber the code was pulling up as a fizzle. Didn't work. Supplanted fuel siphon, egr valve, throttle body. Thinking possibly the exhaust system could be stopped up from oil yet no thought. I will include a few pictures.
Kodi Lucky Patcher nox

1 - 4 of 4 Posts