Dodge Charger Forum banner

2006 RT (LMI intake advice??)

746 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Curtis R Jackson 
#1 ·
Hey everybody, a couple of months ago I purchased a super clean 2006 RT with 112k miles. Since having it I've really only straight piped it as far as "building" goes, but I'm looking into upgrading my air intake. I've heard a lot of good things about LMI (preferably looking into the "LX / LC True V2 CAI" and just want to make sure it's worked well with other 06 RT's. Do I need a tune after installation? Are any other upgrades absolutely necessary? Will it blow my engine if I drive it every-other-day? Also, the 2 size options for the throttle body are "80-87mm" or "90mm" and I'm only assuming it's NOT 90 LOL. Any help would be helpful !!! Thank you all & drive safe.

#2 ·
Welcome from Pittsburgh! You'll find a ton of posts covering CAIs here, but I'm not familiar with the LMI one. I'm sure others on here are. To answer your questions: 1)- No. 2)- No upgrades are ever necessary, but many (like exhaust) seem like it; 3)- Why would it blow your engine driving it every other day? Lol. 4)- No expertise on the 2006s, but I'm betting you're right, it's not a 90mm. Lots of mods threads on here with people who know way more than me. Enjoy!

Reactions: andrews06_RT
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.