Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My NC Highway patrol car has the large round light mounted on the ceiling. It has a rocker switch that selects red/white light or off. The map/reading lights do not come on when the doors are opened. Nor does the the round light.Is this something the HP disable or something I need to connect to give me some light when the doors open.
A wiring diagram would be nive but so fr I have not found one for this car.

Thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
IIRC, there is a "Stealth" mode for the police package Chargers. I'm not sure if it's an EVIC configuration you can do yourself or if it requires a StarScan to set the feature. The Stealth mode disables all interior lights except for the PRND selector on the gear shift.
You may want to ask a knowledgable dealer, they should not charge you for asking a question :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
My NC Highway patrol car has the large round light mounted on the ceiling. It has a rocker switch that selects red/white light or off. The map/reading lights do not come on when the doors are opened. Nor does the the round light.Is this something the HP disable or something I need to connect to give me some light when the doors open.
A wiring diagram would be nive but so fr I have not found one for this car.

Thanks
I've got an 07 Florida car, with no interior lights either. If you find an answer, I'd love to know too. From what I've found so far, it sounds like the Dealer has to hook up the starscan tool to flash the bcm and have the interior lights working. As far as the round light, it shouldn't work once the interior lights are reactivated though. I had a 2000 impala police car before my charger, and it had the round light as well, but it didn't come on with the rest of the interior lights....so I believe it's manuallly operated only. Hope this helps. If i ever get a chance, I'm gonna try and hit up a dealer and see if they know the process/cost for getting em working, because I hate trying to climb in and out of the car at night with no lights.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Does anyone on these forums actually ever have the correct straight forward answer????

·
Registered
364 Posts
Does anyone on these forums actually ever have the correct straight forward answer????
And here is your other useless posts.

Once again, was answered just wasn't served to you on a platter like a baby.

Unless you actually ask a question how the F*** do you suppose you will find an answer?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts