Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help please. I have a 2008 doge charger rt 5.7. The other day i got in my car cranked itup let it warm up for a second then as i proceded to put it in reverse the stering felt really tight like something was in a bind.i felt a little grind i thhink it the right way to describe it. My car looks like it is kinda tilted to one side. ND WHEN YOU DRIVE IT IT KINDA FEELS LIKE YOUR ON A TEATER TOTER...... idk what to do i have already replaced the tires. Ball joints, rear ward conteol arms. I was told it could be the tie rod or the tires need to be rotated and balanced agian

· Registered
3,670 Posts
Cars don't lean to one side when they need a wheel rotation and balance. Wheel rotation & balance will fix problems with wheel vibration. An alignment will fix problems with the car pulling to one side (i.e. not tracking straight). What you describe sounds more like a broken or loose suspension part (e.g. shock mount, strut mount, tie rod, etc.)
You did have ball joints, control arms, etc... replaced and something may have come loose because it was not tightened (torqued) properly; or it was not installed properly. I would take the car to an alignment shop and have them inspect it for you.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cars don't lean to one side when they need a wheel rotation and balance. Wheel rotation & balance will fix problems with wheel vibration. An alignment will fix problems with the car pulling to one side (i.e. not tracking straight). What you describe sounds more like a broken or loose suspension part (e.g. shock mount, strut mount, tie rod, etc.)
You did have ball joints, control arms, etc... replaced and something may have come loose because it was not tightened (torqued) properly; or it was not installed properly. I would take the car to an alignment shop and have them inspect it for you.
I had the ball joints replaced in the front , rear ward control arms in front driver and passanger side replaced, the rear axel was replaced, brake roaters and pads was replaced and brand new tires rotated and balanced round the car

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She is not pulling to one side or vibrating thats the weird thing about it when im driving it feels kinda like a sway or a float ir like the fronts going one way and the reaes going another i have an appointment to get the tires rotated and balanced agian and to replace the tierods and have the strut tower looked at

· Registered
2013 Dodge Charger RT AWD Plus
41 Posts
tight steering sounds like you might have an issue with power steering system. At low speeds you really have to put effort into turning and high speeds its a little easier but still not like out of the factory. i would check your power steering fluid reservoir and make sure your level is alright (if low or empty, fill up, turn wheel each direction to get fluid back in the system, and check it often to make sure there is no leak)

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just checked the power stearing and the levels are fine.. But with it feeling tight it's only when I 1st create the car up the 1st time that day and I get in the car after it's warmed up a little bit and I go to take off when I go to turn the will it feels like Something is in a bind

· Registered
2013 Dodge Charger RT AWD Plus
41 Posts
I just checked the power stearing and the levels are fine.. But with it feeling tight it's only when I 1st create the car up the 1st time that day and I get in the car after it's warmed up a little bit and I go to take off when I go to turn the will it feels like Something is in a bind
And do you hear any noises like clunking, grinding, or whining. Usually sounds can help diagnose issues

· Registered
29 Posts
When the alignment is out, it can feel like you are always turning side to side to keep it straight. Usually when the toe is straight or out, instead of in a little. That's what comes to mind for me. All though in my town, all the road construction workers that know what they are doing, retired during convid. The new guys do a terrible job. One street has different rows of uneven road, making my car feel like the toe is out. LOL

· Registered
29 Posts
Mine has had the code for the wheel position sensor in the steering wheel since I got it. I haven't had a problem with the steering like mentioned. So it might not be that. IDK Maybe on another car it would?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts