Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the site but have a question. I have a 2009 Charger RT that came with 245/45/20 tires. It came with Goodyear GTs which were useless. I went to Mitchelins and have been well pleased. Can I run a larger tire without any clearance problems (which I don't want) and if so, what size? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Howard, if your rims are 20x9 then you can run 275/40R20 tires with no rubbing. I have heard of some running wider tires on the rear, but I feel safe saying 275/40s on all 4 corners won't rub

·
Registered
948 Posts
Cut him some slack Lonestar. Sometimes a crappy internet connection will make you double post

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm assuming you are saying that the 275/40x20 will work on the factory wheels that have a +24mm offset correct? What can we pack under the rear with the +18mm offset scat pack wheels?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Good question Indy. Above I am speaking of 275/40R20s fitting on factory scat pack wheels. This is what I was told:
"Hey. Im running the 275s Indy's on the stock SP rims. 275/40/20 to be exact. They fit perfect. Look way better too IMO. Been really happy with them. Smooth and quiet with tons of grip especially in the summer heat."

I have heard of people putting 315s in the rear on stock scat pack wheels. Some with a small 3mm spacer and some without. I can't say for sure there was no rubbing on those...

·
Registered
25 Posts
awesome. I am going to do some measuring this weekend to see what I can get on the back. I need the tires to clear the inside as well as the fender so I can put my coilovers on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts