Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me an idea of where the thermostat is in a 2009 Dodge Charger? Or why the heat won’t work I checked coolant it’s good. Any help?

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Which engine is in the car? Does the car have the Manual Temp Control or the Automatic Temp Control for the HVAC?

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I assume the thermostat location for the 2009 is the same as the 2006. It's not in an easy access location. You have to work your way down to it.

Not getting any heat could be the HVAC controls, flow restriction, heater core, etc... You can feel along the heater/coolant hoses to see if they are hot from the engine to the heater core. The hoses from the heater core back to the engine should be cooler than the input hoses. You can plug a OBD2/CAN scanner into the car's OBD2 port to see if any HVAC codes are logged. You will need a scanner that can read all codes ... not just powertrain (Pxxxx) codes. The HVAC codes are Bxxxx Body codes.
If you're hearing clicking noises, from under the dash, when using the HVAC you probably have an actuator that's not working (e.g. Blend-door actuator).

Reactions: Kasie

·
Registered
417 Posts
Please jump on this right away. Any Dodge 2.7 that exhibits even the slightest symptom of a potential cooling system issue is a hand grenade with the pin pulled.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay the heat works but only while driving at idle it just blows cold air. any help?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please jump on this right away. Any Dodge 2.7 that exhibits even the slightest symptom of a potential cooling system issue is a hand grenade with the pin pulled.
thank you im trying fix this as soon as possible

·
Registered
417 Posts
Djalbin gave you some good troubleshooting steps. About all I can add is that I had a Ford Taurus with the same problem.

Turned out that the water pump vanes had essentially dissolved from corrosion and at idle there was almost no flow at all. New water pump solved the problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts