Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this site but have 2 questions. First, why is there no 2009 Charger forums? Too old? Second, I've always run 20-45-45 tires on my Charger (never liked the oem Eagle GTs but Mitchlins were and are so much better) Can you run a wider tire on the front and rear without clearance problems or is this maxed out? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
If you have the stock 8” wide rim then the widest you can run is a 255 wide tire. Even at that slight increase in width a lot of tire will not install them due to safety concerns. Also keep in mind if you go wider and you want to keep the same tire profile above the rim you’ll have to go “40” rather than “45”.
See if this link helps:

https://tiresize.com/calculator/

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's a shame they felt the need to bury 2010 and older Charger information here. It kind of makes you feel unimportant.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I guess they figure you should be a member of the Dodge Charger Historical Society ... along with the 1966 - 2010 Chargers. Elevates you to the classic muscle car group.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
It's a shame they felt the need to bury 2010 and older Charger information here. It kind of makes you feel unimportant.
Its because of the turnover. People come and go, but its been 9 years since the 2010 models. Most people here dont have anything before 2011, and didnt post in the 2010 section, so it got buried. Not to mention this forum slowed down in general because of facebook. And I know, because Ive been here since 2008, I actually had a 2008 Charger, and I watched all the people come and go. They generally come with late model Chargers, not the old ones. So if you want to feel important, you might have to find a forum that focuses on 2010s.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My tire shop is installing 275/40R20 tires on my stock rims. They say they fit without any problems. I'll know in a couple of days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts