Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new to me 2010 police charger and i have no power going to the front power windows no horn and power trunk lid.Also key fob is no worky its been clean and new battery installed.I check all fuses and could not get that lucky also did a ton of searches on these problems.thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a new to me 2010 police charger and i have no power going to the front power windows no horn and power trunk lid.Also key fob is no worky its been clean and new battery installed.I check all fuses and could not get that lucky also did a ton of searches on these problems.thanks
I've got a 2007 police car and the power trunk button will only work with the key fob when the car is off. Unless the car is running, the power trunk release button will not open the trunk. Even if the key is in the ignition but the car is off, it won't work and you'll have to use a key fob to open it or the key. As far as the horn, you might trace and check your wires going to them and see if they were cut when the siren was removed. The front windows not working could just be the switch going bad. I have to replace mine bc every once in a while the driver window won't roll down bc of the switch, and I'll fiddle with it for a second and it'll start working again..hope that helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i found the window problem it was 3 broken wires in driver door jam.I splice these and got all windows working,why they broke or were cut there is beyond me.Well onto the horn problem on another day. thanks djay

·
Registered
12 Posts
@hex88gt did you get your horn to work? I have a 2011 Charger pursuit, everything individually is working on my horn but it is not getting power from the relay to the horn, so I have to find that wire coming out of the front power supply and then connect it to the wire to the horn and wala!! hopefully.....

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
4,390 Posts
The power trunk release could be a broken wire in the black wire loom in the trunk. That was my issue but it also had the 3rd brake light not working

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
4,390 Posts
@bjohnsonchargedup, is that a police charger? The police ones have something disabled in them or disconnected somehow. I am wondering if it is just the proximity sensor, but I don't know where that is located.

Oh no, I'm sorry. I thought based on the model year maybe you guys had the same wiring in the trunk.

·
Registered
23 Posts
When you press the button on the trunk do the lights flash? Most of the pursuit models have "stealth mode" enabled. Not sure about earlier models but I believe on the '11 and up It will only allow the trunk to be opened via the key fob, or if the ignition is on, with trunk buttton in the cabin. If you disable stealth mode the trunk should work normally.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You could take it to a dodge dealer and then may be able to turn it off. Or pick up a tranzformer 2 or tazer from zautotech and disable it yourself. That's what I ended up doing after the dealership charged me for 3 hours of labor and tried to replace the brake light before giving up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.