Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya Folks,
I have a 2010 Charger (Police Pursuit) that I'm in the midst of 'de-COPifying' (people drive like nuns on Sunday around me constantly, too annoying for words, even though I've got racing headers, racing cats and glasspacks on it and removed the unity (spot) light, you'd think they get the idea, but nooooo, my roof is still white on a black car, so it kinda looks like Texas DPS undercover or something..)

This thing is still on the 18x7.5 steel cop wheels, with Firestone Firehawk GT Z Pursuit 225/60R18's all around - handles pretty well, but I'm more concerned about straight lines, coughcough. This thing is all over the place.. Someone on here had a pretty good idea that I could find a shop to add 2.5" width to a couple of the wheels so I could get some meats on the back, but everyone around here in central tejas that I've found won't touch 'em.. (Know anyone here in Texas peoples?)

So, it would seem that I can probably put a 315 on back.. but here's where the questions start (finally):

1) Can I put a 16" wheel on this without brake modification? I would have a lot more options, assuming I can deal with this weird-ass bolt pattern (5-115mm or 5x4.53") is a standard mopar 5x4.5" doable on these or is it kinda hopeless?) - the goal here is much bigger meats on the back without having to tub this out or anything...

2a) How tall of a tire can I have in back? If I was running 18" wheels, could I get away with a 255/60R18 if I got wider wheels for the back? That stands about 30" tall, compared to the 28.6" from the Firestones.

2b) If I did get that tall of a tire, what's the widest tire I could go, could I do a 315 still, or are talking 305's or 295's now? It seems like those wheel wells are kind of rounded at the top.

3) Has anyone tubbed one of these out? How much of a pita is it?

Six questions disguised as 4 is enough right now, thanks for any info! :cool:

P.S. If someone is in Tejas and has wheels they want to get rid of that would be a step up (I prefer black, black and blacker), hit me up!

·
Registered
421 Posts
With the BR8 I would stick with 18' rims.

You can safely put 245 series tires on the stock rims, Some have put 255 series tires. I have not tested this so players choice.

Better off getting newer charger rims that are wider to fit better meats on.

Also, Welcome Fellow Pursuit owner!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts