Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE THE SAME MOTOR IN MY RAM RT- HERES THE MODS

k&N CAI, 3 1/2" 90 on CAI at TB, 85mm BBK TB,denso sp,180stat,syn oileng & rear gr,Catchcan, Addco sway bars f&r
1 3/4"amer rac hders high flowcats, 2 1/2" H pipe dul 2 1/2" piping, Diablo CT, Bilstinshocks, Mc drop 2/4,1 deg cam 295/45-20bfg kdw,efan, underdrive, 13.4gtech

take off and burn outand exhaust sound
YouTube - 2009 2010 2011 RAM RT hemi 5.7 r/t burn out exhaust sound headers lowered hp k&n magnaflow mods[/URL]

0-60=5sec
YouTube - 2009 2010 2011 DODGE RAM RT HEMI 5.7 r/t 0-60 5 sec mph burn out race performance mods[/URL]

Attachments

·
PLS EMAIL INSTEAD OF PM
1,649 Posts
No way in hell is it dynoing 430 with those mods. Stock the car version of the 5.7 Eagle Hemi puts down 335 RWHP or so so to get another 100 RWHP, you need a cam (which doesn't give much more than 25 RWHP with VVT right now) and some nice ported Eagle heads for another 30-35 HP. Still well short.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
No way in hell is it dynoing 430 with those mods. Stock the car version of the 5.7 Eagle Hemi puts down 335 RWHP or so so to get another 100 RWHP, you need a cam (which doesn't give much more than 25 RWHP with VVT right now) and some nice ported Eagle heads for another 30-35 HP. Still well short.
I have to agree, I have a cam,springs, a custom tune along with a bunch more mods.. I am barely pushing 430 at the crank..

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
lol. he might put down right around 400 at the crank factoring driveline loss in. obviously he is way overestimating driveline loss. especially since the Ram R/T has upgraded trans parts from the factory like a special torque converter that lowers driveline loss.

at a generous 15% driveline loss it would put him around 409 crank horsepower. about 50 shy of where he says.

either way nice truck, but you can't fool a bunch of people who have the same engines with ridiculous horsepower claims. or any tuner that knows anything about dyno numbers and correct driveline loss.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm no rocket scientist, but um don't dyno sheet show max HP at 356, oh wait 365.5 mph... So unless he's huffing the nitrous he'd need to be spraying to get close to that claim... just sayin...

·
Registered
11 Posts
356 at the wheels should be about 415-420 at the crank. Most stock SRTs are putting down 360-365 at the wheels, so he's a little high on his estimate. He's being a little optimistic, yes, but he's still got a really quick truck--enough to hurt some careless Lightning owners' feelings.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Nice truck man and yes your numbers are off a bit there but no worries you posted the graph maybe your mind was somewhere else. Let us know what it runs at the track!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
responce- ram rt 420-440 crank

hey guys not trying to pull anything here, dynod stock 300hp and tq to the ground. ad says2010 ram hemi 5.7 puts out 390hp and 405tq stock
so with my added mods dyno proved - put out to the ground 56 more so 390+56=446hp crank

want to be fair, knew ones would talk or hate so i put 430-440. also or tires are much larger than yours and the rear gear is a 4.10 larger harder to turn over and the trans and tq convertor isnt smoother. IAM SURE OUR DRIVELINE LOSS IS MORE THAN YOUR SMOOTH CAR. SO IF YOUR AT 15% OUR TRUCK COULD BE AT 15%-18% EAZY

I DIDNT THINK I WOULD HAVE TO EXPLAIN ALL OF THIS.
I CAME TO THIS BOARD TO LEARN SOMETHING:4-dontknow:

OH BY THE WAY I WENT TO YOUTUBE SRT8 DYNO STOCK HP425 AVG DYNO TO THE GROUND 340-360HP. SO THE MIN HP IAM MAKEING IS 425HP PROUDLY.

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
NIce truck! But why does the dyno sheet say 356? If you say 430-440hp thumbs up to ya. But the dyno sheet says differently.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Why the numbers

MAY BE I WROTE SOMETHING WRONG :4-dontknow: OK I FORGOT TO PUT A COMMA AFTER DYNO, ON ORGINAL POST. WOW ITS A GIVEN THAT I CANT PUT DOWN 430 TO THE GROUND WITH MY MODS, I WASNT TRYING TO SAY THAT. TOUCHY, THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I PULL UP TO CHARGERS. LOL

A SRT 8 CHARGER STOCK DYNO= 350HP MANUFACTURES HP RATEING 425HP

MY 2010 RAM RT HEMI 5.7, 356HP DYNO, SOOO IFF MY TRUCK WAS SOLD ON THE LOT IT WOULD BE ADVERTISED AS A MIN HP RATEING OF 425

Attachments

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
Okay so that is the stock dyno chart, got it! If thats the case I understand the dyno sheet now. I dont think it would matter what forum you went to if you explained it the way you did in the first post you would get similar responses. No one is bashing you but its alot of people on here that build motors and have some pretty modded engines with similar setups.

I would say dyno approx 430-440 hp but more like 430-440hp at the crank...

We are all here to help and learn from each other. Welcome to the Z from Jacksonville, Fl. Hope to see more pics of the truck.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Okay so that is the stock dyno chart, got it! If thats the case I understand the dyno sheet now. I dont think it would matter what forum you went to if you explained it the way you did in the first post you would get similar responses. No one is bashing you but its alot of people on here that build motors and have some pretty modded engines with similar setups.

I would say dyno approx 430-440 hp but more like 430-440hp at the crank...

We are all here to help and learn from each other. Welcome to the Z from Jacksonville, Fl. Hope to see more pics of the truck.

That sounds about right, I am right about 350 at the rear wheels and was told by my tuner 430 at the crank..

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yep, we're not here to bash, but hmmm is your weight less than ours? Sorry but it's really awesome to see a truck just go smoke a car on a run hehehe. Not that I've ever seen a few rustangs among others decide to race a Cummins turbo truck or anything...

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
MAY BE I WROTE SOMETHING WRONG :4-dontknow: OK I FORGOT TO PUT A COMMA AFTER DYNO, ON ORGINAL POST. WOW ITS A GIVEN THAT I CANT PUT DOWN 430 TO THE GROUND WITH MY MODS, I WASNT TRYING TO SAY THAT. TOUCHY, THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I PULL UP TO CHARGERS. LOL

A SRT 8 CHARGER STOCK DYNO= 350HP MANUFACTURES HP RATEING 425HP

MY 2010 RAM RT HEMI 5.7, 356HP DYNO, SOOO IFF MY TRUCK WAS SOLD ON THE LOT IT WOULD BE ADVERTISED AS A MIN HP RATEING OF 425
No ones trying to knock your mods and we certainly arent touchy, just trying to help, 356 wheel horsepower is pretty nice, I think people just got a little mixed up with the wording, big diff between crank and wheel. At the crank 425-430 seems about right

Idk about exact drivetrain loss numbers, if i went by 15% mine would advertise as over 600hp but i think its just simpler to say wheel horsepower numbers since drivetrains can differ

Welcome to the Z, great vid btw:TU:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Driveline loss % goes down as the HP goes up. This is because the loss is largely a fixed number, about 60-70 hp on stock NAG1 3.5/5.7/6.1's. In his truck it may be a bit higher, so yeah 430-440 HP crank sounds likely. A counterpoint is also in order: 340 HP on a dyno for an SRT8 is also on the -extreme- low side... if you want to play the game of extremes I've seen stock SRT's dynosheets for 380+ HP, of course uncorrected and done in generous conditions, but still a valid counter point to the opposite extreme.

I'm not sure about the CAPS and trollish shouting, and doing a rolling 5-60 mph for "0-60 in 5 seconds," doesn't help the legitimacy of claims either.

Regardless, nice truck, and welcome to the Z.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Who cares nice numbers, guy who owns the truck your post was a little confusing and just fyi I dont know of anyone who corrects for drivetrain loss when posting dyno numbers, just post those to keep it simple. We all know that if your making X at the tires then your making Y at the engine.

Now with that said get her to the track and post up some numbers thats the real test! Having a healthy motor is one thing but putting that power to use and getting it going are what make good racers and people saying your car is fast.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thank you will do, going to track when it opens

oh by the way the0-60 vid was shot with a 190lb guy sitting shot gun filming.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts