Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all. I'm looking to upgrade my parking light and the front indicators for my 2012 sxt to LEDs.
From my research I've divulged that the parking light is a 168 bulb, and the indicator uses 3157(Amber). Has anyone changed these out? I'll be tinting them soon so I'd like a bit of an brighter light to counter that. But, I really don't want to have to deal with load resistors or hyper flashing.

Please share your experiences and with companies that worked for you. Ie.. Amazon it super brighleds etc

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
245 Posts
Amazon usually has the cheapest LEDs out there, but frankly you get what you pay for. SuperBright is good, but expensive.

You want to make sure that you get LEDs that are designed for the CANBUS system. If they are not labeled as being compatible, assume that they are not. This will save you some heartache. Having said that, some LEDs will require a load resister regardless of the type or where you get them; the reason for this is that the LED doesn't have enough resistance to not trigger the bulb out indicator (which also causes hyper-flash).

good luck

Exco

1 - 2 of 2 Posts