Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After upgrading my 2013 Dodge Charger SE to the 8.4'' NAV auto climate control, this happened:

The recirculation button wouldn't work and therefor the A/C would always suck in warm air from outside the car.
After doing a lot of research online, I found out that the upgraded auto climate control needs a humidity sensor.
Without this sensor, recirculation will never work and that was causing the greyed out button.

Once I knew what I needed, I went online to search for the missing parts.
A huge thank you to Benny Robles from VIP Auto Group for helping me on confirming these parts!
I turns out I just needed to install these 3 parts in order to fix the recirculation issue:

1. #68084162AD - Wiring-Jumper;
2. #68440808AA - Genuine Alfa Romeo Sensor-Humidity;
3. #1SU12DX9AA - Genuine Alfa Romeo Cover-Humidity Sensor.

Install guide (8 steps)
There is no need to disconnect the battery, because you're not going to touch any of the airbags.

Step 1 of 8: Remove the driver's side A-pillar trim and connect one end of the wiring jumper
I used this YouTube video for reference:
Only the driver's side A-pillar trim needs to be removed, the passenger's side can be left alone.
One end of the wiring jumper is plugged in to an unused connector behind the driver's side A-pillar trim:

On the other end of the wiring jumper there are 3 separate connectors.
The first goes to the auto dimming mirror, the second goes to the mirror microphones and the third goes to the humidity sensor.
In my case I don't have an auto dimming mirror with microphones, so those connections will remain unplugged.

Step 2 of 8: Connect the humidity sensor to the other end of the wiring jumper
The pink connector is the only one that fits into the humidity sensor:

Step 3 of 8: Put the car into the RUN position to see if the recirculation button works
Before continuing to remove all the other trim, it would be advisable to see if the recirculation issue is actually fixed.
Since a humidity sensor is now installed, the climate control recognized it right away:

Step 4 of 8: Partially unbolt the headliner on the front side of the car
I used this YouTube video for reference:
The car in the video is a later model Charger, but it's the same for all 2011+ models.

Step 5 of 8: Push the wiring jumper and its pins into the existing holes
The wiring jumper wasn't there from the factory, but the holes and clips to hold it in place are:

Step 6 of 8: Bolt the headliner back into place
Reverse step 4 and put the headliner, sun visors and the overhead console back into place.

Step 7 of 8: Attach the humidity sensor to the windshield with double sided tape
From the factory Chargers with a humidity sensor have a bracket on the windshield that holds the humidity sensor in place.
Because this isn't the case for me, I just attached the humidity sensor to the windshield with 3M automotive double sided tape:

Step 8 of 8: Attach the humidity sensor cover to the humidity sensor with double sided foam tape
And of course the humidity sensor cover also has no bracket to keep it in place.
So I used double sided foam tape to attach the cover to the humidity sensor:

And that's it!
Now you have a working recirculation button :D!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Impressive.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Thats a lot of trouble you went through, OP!

Glad it all worked out in the end : )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts