2011 cant open trunk on pushbutton?

Discussion in '7th Gen Dodge Charger' started by gta324, May 19, 2017 at 12:00 PM.

1. gta324

gta324 New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Hi

Took the car out from winter storage and now I cant open the trunk on the pushbutton on the brake light?

On remote and in the car it works.

Pushbutton is OK so I suspect the wiring is off, can someone tell me where I can find the other end of the cable that the puchbutton attatch to?

Or if someone knows if the wiring to the pushbutton should have 12v or ground so I can check it...

2. gta324

gta324 New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    I have +12v to the button so I guess its the wiring that is off, where is the other end?

3. djalbin

djalbin Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger R&T STP
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2012
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    The deck lid release switch is a normally open switch that is connected to ground at all times. When the switch button is depressed, it provides a ground signal to the Body Control Module (BCM) through a deck lid release switch sense circuit. In response to that input, the BCM sends an electronic unlock request message to the Radio Frequency (RF) Hub over the Controller Area Network (CAN) data bus. The RF Hub checks the inputs it receives through the authentication process with each detected key FOB. (I assume one of the key FOBs was within range when you pushed the button?)

There's a diagnostic resistor, integral to the output side of the deck lid release switch, that enables the BCM to monitor the condition of the deck lid release switch and switch sense circuit. The BCM will store a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) for any fault that is detected in this circuit.

Plug a OBD2/CAN scanner into the car's OBD port and see if any DTCs have been logged.
    The primary DTCs are:
    B1825-11 (TRUNK RELEASE SWITCH INPUT - CIRCUIT SHORT TO GROUND)
    B1825-2A (TRUNK RELEASE SWITCH INPUT - STUCK)

Replace the deck lid release switch if B1825-2A is logged.

B1825-11 is a little more involved ...
    The decklid release switch is a momentary switch connected to the Body Control Module (BCM). The BCM provides a reference voltage on the decklid release switch sense circuit through a pull-up resistor that is connected to battery voltage. The Decklid Release Switch switches the decklid release switch sense circuit to ground when the button is pressed.

Disconnect the BCM G harness connector. (I don't have a circuit diagram so I don't know where this located)
    Measure the resistance between ground and the (P223) Decklid Release Switch sense circuit at the Decklid Release Switch harness connector.
    Is the resistance above 10k Ohms?
    Yes - Replace the Body Control Module
    No - Repair the short to ground in the (P223) Decklid Release Switch Sense circuit.