Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on how to make my V-6 growl while idle and height speed . Really on a budget not trying to spend to much at a time. Would like to know the best and most easiest thing I can start off with until I’m ready to succeed with more .

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Why'd you post the same question twice, one right after the other in different spots?
Since this one got the first answer....you can change mufflers, etc but the Pentastar doesn't sound great when you try o make it louder. It quite literally is missing the requisite number of cylinders. Friend of mine's kid has a 2012 with 3.6. Saved up a whole bunch of money he didn't really have trying to do this very thing, didn't listen to me or his old man (old man figured he might listen to me lol). Hated it not long after and scoured CL & ebay trying to find a stock system to put back in.

·
Registered
544 Posts
^^^ What CtCarl said. Or, if your budget allows, Solo exhaust has some decent-sounding options for the Pentastars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m new to the site guys sorry for the same exact post but thanks for the feedback but I keep having people in my home town telling me about performance mufflers . I don’t know to much about the dodge side still learning .

·
Registered
146 Posts
Enjoy your car... unlike some other types of cars the V-6’s from Ma MOPAR do not lend themselves to exhaust upgrades. You have many other options to mod you car and make it yours. Wheels, Tint, Under Hood dress up, tasteful stripes, tasteful lighting mods.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts