Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might need some advise on this one or any experiences with this error)

So I was just at the dog park and my wife and I got into the car turned it on and after warming up for a min or two, put the car into reverse when all of a sudden the AB light came on and I got the Service Power Steering error. My brakes became as hard as rocks so I put it back into drive and drove into the stall.

I turned off the car and waited for a few moments and tried to turn it back on. The RUN light was on but I couldn't get the car to turn over (the brakes were locked up). Tired a few more times and finally I was able to turn the car on and none of the lights came up. Drove home (5 minute drive) and everything felt fine. The car felt fine on the way to the dog park so I don't know if there was some sort of glitch.

Well as soon as I got back home, I plugged in the trinity and it came back with no errors at all. It said the car was good and I turned it back on and everything looked ok. I know I needed to update the trinity anyways (I was on ver.B so I uploaded the factory tune and just updated the trinity. I am going to send the car into the shop on Friday to have them double check everything ( I don't want this to happen to my wife on the highway) but I thought I would ask if this has happened to anyone else? I searched the forum and I couldn't see anything. The car is due for it's oil chance (I like to change it every 5000 km) and the car has about 45,000KM so it's still under warranty (got the extended warranty).

Thanks to everyone

·
Registered
319 Posts
I know the Trinity does not read all the codes so you may want to get in and have it checked. From what you said it will have something to do with the braking system. Let the mechanics figure it out and fix it. Or you could take it by AutoZone and have them try to read it. Their scanner should read more than yours.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know the Trinity does not read all the codes so you may want to get in and have it checked. From what you said it will have something to do with the braking system. Let the mechanics figure it out and fix it. Or you could take it by AutoZone and have them try to read it. Their scanner should read more than yours.
I wish we had an autozone but not here in Canada. My wife drove the car this morning and had no issues but I have it booked for Friday to see what could be the issue with the car.

It felt like I had lost power steering and brakes but with all the lights coming on, I will let them have a look and go from there.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So it happened again and I had the car brought into the shop, they checked it out and discovered that it was nothing to do with any of the car's factory parts but an issue with the wiring for my custom head lights and hid kit. One of the wires (not to sure which one) had become loose and was making the system come up with a low power warning on the abs and other systems (that is what the dealership said) so 150.00 later and my car is patched up and ready to drive once again.

Thank goodness for at least one decent dealership in town.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having the same issue except car wont start now. I have abs, e brake, traction control, service awd, and service power steering lights are all on. Brakes are hard and steering was going in and out before i turned it off. I have halos and hid headlights but i disconnected those and its still wont start. Looked everywhere but this is the closest thing i could find. I did a power steering flush and it worked for a few days but now im stuck at work. Called the Dealership said they thought it was the power steering but why wont it start?. Wont even try to crank. Not only that but they want 3 grand to change it out.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
PCM may not start the engine for a variety of reasons based on the input it receives from multiple sensors. Plug a scanner into the car's OBD2 port and see what codes are being logged. Use a scanner that can read all codes (not just Pxxxx powertrain codes) because many of the codes may be Bxxxx body codes, Uxxxx communication codes or Cxxxx chassis codes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts