Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my starter a few weeks ago. Yesterday code P0520 came on the scan. Now some times my car doesn’t start. Today my traction control light and abs brake light came on and my steering wheel got tight when I got to a store. My car hasn’t started since. What could be the issue.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Have the car's main battery load tested to make sure it's not a battery problem.
Plug a scanner that can read all modules/codes into the car's OBD2 port and see if any other codes are logged. Many of the modules (e.g ABS module) log Cxxxx chassis codes and Bxxxx body codes.
P0520 is a code for the engine oil pressure sensor circuit. The PCM (powertrain control module) sends a 5V signal to the sensors. The sensors send their operating signal back to the PCM. The sensor ground circuit also goes back to the PCM. Check the condition of the wiring harness/connectors between the sensor and the PCM. If you replace the oil pressure sensor it's best to use the Mopar OEM sensors rather than an aftermarket brand.
Also check the condition of the starter wiring harness/connectors to make sure they have not become loose.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have the car's main battery load tested to make sure it's not a battery problem.
Plug a scanner that can read all modules/codes into the car's OBD2 port and see if any other codes are logged. Many of the modules (e.g ABS module) log Cxxxx chassis codes and Bxxxx body codes.
P0520 is a code for the engine oil pressure sensor circuit. The PCM (powertrain control module) sends a 5V signal to the sensors. The sensors send their operating signal back to the PCM. The sensor ground circuit also goes back to the PCM. Check the condition of the wiring harness/connectors between the sensor and the PCM. If you replace the oil pressure sensor it's best to use the Mopar OEM sensors rather than an aftermarket brand.
Also check the condition of the starter wiring harness/connectors to make sure they have not become loose.
Yeah the battery was at 95% and alternator was at 14.2 voltage that’s why I was confused about it. Okay I will check all those in the morning hopefully I can find the issue. What do you think about the steering angle sensor?

·
Registered
50 Posts
It sounds like you pinched a wire when you installed the starter. With several circuits effected, something is common among them. Something is unplugged or damaged. Raise the car up and look everything over really good with a light.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts