Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I have picked up some new lights for my car to go in the fog light bezels. Also I am going to paint a new grille I just bought, and I have a few questions. How should I go about sanding it and painting? Already have a semi flat black paint picked up. Also how do I move the middle cross from the chrome so I can paint it.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
That looks pretty cool! More pics! My suggestion for the grille is to just cover up the back part of the grille with newspaper and tape, I don't think the cross hair comes off the grille.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks pretty cool! More pics! My suggestion for the grille is to just cover up the back part of the grille with newspaper and tape, I don't think the cross hair comes off the grille.
And well I am taking the front off so it would be ideal when painting to be able to take it off if anyone knows how and can't upload more than one pic at a time from my phone... But I can't wait to get this grille done! Also any sanding recommendations on sanding and technique?!

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
And well I am taking the front off so it would be ideal when painting to be able to take it off if anyone knows how and can't upload more than one pic at a time from my phone... But I can't wait to get this grille done! Also any sanding recommendations on sanding and technique?!
No tips for you there sorry man, I have mine plasti dipped and I left it on the grille and just covered the thing in newspapers and tape haha. This thread here is about as far as I can get you to removing the front if you need any help, I'm sure there's a simple way to removing the cross hair though. You might find it once you take it all apart. I'm sure somebody will chime in with info soon.

http://chargerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=128258&highlight=grille+remove

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Those lights are really neat, nice and unique. I really like it. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those lights are really neat, nice and unique. I really like it. :)
Thanks! Really cheap too!!!!!
No tips for you there sorry man, I have mine plasti dipped and I left it on the grille and just covered the thing in newspapers and tape haha. This thread here is about as far as I can get you to removing the front if you need any help, I'm sure there's a simple way to removing the cross hair though. You might find it once you take it all apart. I'm sure somebody will chime in with info soon.

http://chargerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=128258&highlight=grille+remove
Removed my grill probably 4-5 times and I have the grill off right now just don't want to break anything trying to remove it wrong

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Clean install! Wouldn't be surprised if the 2015s carried something similar/identical to these LEDs.

·
Registered
15,689 Posts

·
Dave
3,633 Posts
First that I've seen this done, looks awesome, reps for that. Also, I'll have to dig for the write-up for removing the grille from the fascia, but I know that it has been done. There are a bunch of clips around the outside that, I believe, might be pretty fragile. So, handle with care and good luck, in case I can't find that write-up.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks great! Always loved the way those looked since I first saw them. Below is the bezel and all. Did you buy just the lights and then put them into the bezels?

[url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Charger-R-T-SXT-RT-LED-Fog-Lamps-Driving-Lights-11-12-13-2012-2011-2013-/251193275554?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2011%7CModel%3ACharger&hash=item3a7c4934a2&vxp=mtr[/URL]
Thanks! Means a lot especially coming from "The Modfather"!!!!! But they are really similar here is the exact link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&vxp=mtr&item=291100664087
I can post a write up but I just took off the front fascia and removed the bezels, drilled 3 holes, one for the wires, and two for the little rods that come out. Then I put the wires and rods through the holes (took me about 3 tries to get the right drill bit size lol) but then you fasten the nuts and bolts on each then reinstalled them back into the bezel place and put the fascia back on! The wiring is my only problem as I was going to wire it to my fuse box but the power I guess never cuts off to there so I have to figure out a more permanent solution!

First that I've seen this done, looks awesome, reps for that. Also, I'll have to dig for the write-up for removing the grille from the fascia, but I know that it has been done. There are a bunch of clips around the outside that, I believe, might be pretty fragile. So, handle with care and good luck, in case I can't find that write-up.
I have taken the grille off before I was more concerned about the crosshair but instead I painted over it! Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I really appreciate it!!!!! :TU::gy::woohoo::woohoo::head3:

·
Dave
3,633 Posts
I have taken the grille off before I was more concerned about the crosshair but instead I painted over it! Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I really appreciate it!!!!! :TU::gy::woohoo::woohoo::head3:
What part, exactly, are you talking about? The crosshair is part of the grille. The chrome is all connected. Or were you talking about the black plastic part of the crosshair?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Unfortunately i cant hep you with the grille...

But i love the look of them foglights :TU:
Looks really sharp!

Reps

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Wow. I kinda dig those fogs.... Nicely done! Reps!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What part, exactly, are you talking about? The crosshair is part of the grille. The chrome is all connected. Or were you talking about the black plastic part of the crosshair?
I was referring to the black plastic part. But I just sanded it and painted over it! Got some pics of everything now that I am finally on my computer!

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
where did you end up wiring the wires to?
Just saw this... lol but I ended up taking off the shifter bezel and wiring the power to the cigarette lighter, negative to a spot in the engine bay. There is a hole that goes from the engine bay to the interior (drivers side) and connected it to a rocker switch! Really not bad at all! And for $25 it was a great mod.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts