Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a new 2011 charger base and want to upgrade the radio to the factory nav atleast. any pointers on where to look and how to achieve this. i already added the factory fog lights and relocated the tire pressure system to my new wheels. i just need to knock out the nav and jl clean sweep box.:dork:

·
Registered
19 Posts
i have a new 2011 charger base and want to upgrade the radio to the factory nav atleast. any pointers on where to look and how to achieve this. i already added the factory fog lights and relocated the tire pressure system to my new wheels. i just need to knock out the nav and jl clean sweep box.:dork:

any luck with this? i also have a 2011 8.4 non nav and want to upgrade...

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
If u guys already have the 8.4 non-nav radio, u just need to pillage the internet salvage yards and do a head unit swap. Your looking for a 8.4N (RB5) unit, it can be from a Charger or a Chrysler 300. Some have done it with a Journey unit too, but it can get iffy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought an R/T just for this reason. I looked at a 2013 base, great price. I checked into putting a nav system in it...they started at about $2000.00 You have to get a kit to relocate the climate controls. I'm not sure what it would take to do the 8.4 nav system but theres alot more to it than just the 8.4 screen if you have the smaller one now.
Good luck

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
Only two trim levels have issues or do not get 100% of the benefits of the swap. The SE and believe it or not, one certain year of the SRT Super Bee's, but I cant remember which year.
The higher trim v6's do not have any issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts