Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can’t seem to figure out why it’s going into limp mode. I will turn the car off and back on after letting it sit for a few mins. Then it’s fine no warning light or anything.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I would still take it somewhere that has a capable scanner that can read all codes, looking for any stored or pending codes.

If there are truly no codes found, just fyi - on my '06 I have had a failing crank position sensor cause issues without ever setting a code, and a 2nd one do the same until it eventually did put me into limp mode and set a code. There is also the possibility you have a failing input speed sensor that has yet to set a code. Had that issue, until it became more frequent and did eventually set a code.

Worst case, you may need to find a shop that can hookup a scanner that can data log, and when it occurs again, go back to the shop to have them diag the results.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Limp Mode is usually transmission related. Usually it is one of the two speed sensors. I did a engine swap and didnt getbone of the transmission connectors plugged in all the way. It happend to be the Line Pressure regulator plug. If it is not reading or is bad, it will run fine for 2000 miles or 1000 2-3 shift cycles. Then it will go into Limp Mode. The only way to reset it is the dealer.
The other issue is the throttle control. There are 3 circuits that have to exactly match or it will lock out throttle control. Check to see if you have any lights on on the dash. Wheel speed sensors can effect it also.
A driving test with a good scanner with real time data and incident tracker would be the best option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts