Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a clunk coming from the drivers side front end when I go over mild bumps. A trip to the dealer found the problem to be a bad strut. The dealer is going to replace both of the front struts and its still under warranty so no money issues. I was told the struts are back ordered and it has been 2 weeks already. I did some searching on some of the mopar parts sites just to see what is available out there and none of the ones I found had them in stock. A couple of them even show them as being discontinued, kinda strange for a relatively new vehicle.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or might know something about it?

Thanx

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Availability of springs, shocks, and struts seems to be somewhat of a chronic problem at Chrysler. The Mopar Stage 1 Performance springs were on backorder for a long time as was the Pursuit Package suspension upgrade. I believe the Mopar/Bilstein 2011 SRT struts (non-adaptive) are currently on backorder.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasn't aware of that til now. Not much I can do but wait I guess. The struts for my car are the 3 mode adjustable (normal, sport & track) bilstein struts. I have been wondering if with the strut being bad and bottoming out which is making the noise will cause any excessive wear on other suspension parts and should I be worried about that?

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts