Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Why is it that we can get info on a 2012 Viper, but nobody can get concrete stuff on a 2011 Charger that's supposed to come out in a month or 2? Stupid marketing department...

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Why is it that we can get info on a 2012 Viper, but nobody can get concrete stuff on a 2011 Charger that's supposed to come out in a month or 2? Stupid marketing department...
Could not have said it better myself. WTH????
No kidding. This doesn't give me a good impression as to what is happening with the new Charger... like they have some last minute rush work on it. Which has me thinking for anyone interested in the 2011 Charger - don't buy the 2011 Charger, wait for the 2012.

·
Registered
12,833 Posts
i like the viper but don't get me wrong what is so different about this one as compared to any other one they have come out with. They all practically look the same. just upgraded motors and a few small body panel tweeks? Can someone explain better. At least with the Corvette you can easily see differences?

Marchionne shows 2012 Dodge Viper at dealer meeting

by Damon Lavrinc (RSS feed) on Sep 15th 2010 at 2:56PM

Dodge Viper ACR – Click above for high-res image gallery

At yesterday's Chrysler dealer conference, the Pentastar people publicly revealed new or updated products from Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Fiat. But there was more on stage than just a facelifted Town & Country and a federalized Fiat 500.

Towards the end of his remarks, Chrysler Group and Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne pulled a Steve Jobs-style "one more thing," and onto the stage rolled the 2012 Dodge Viper. According to our sources, the design was all-new, complete with an aggressive greenhouse and fresh, angular sheetmetal.

Chrysler has already confirmed that the next Viper is on its way in two years' time, but showing it off this early is a clear indication that work is well underway. There's still some debate about what powertrain will be fitted to the thoroughly updated Viper, but early reports indicate that the same 8.4-liter V10 could carry on, possibly with the inclusion of Fiat's MultiAir technology to reduce emissions and boost output over 700 horsepower. An entry-level V8 option is a possibility, and there's little doubt that Dodge is tapping Ferrari's engineers to advise on everything from handling to steering and stability control systems.

Another supposed cameo at the event was a Jeep pickup, similar to the Gladiator concept, however, we've yet to confirm its attendance or any serious production plans. But for the time being, we're content with the knowledge that Dodge's next supercar is in the wings and we'll being seeing it in person within the next several months.

UPDATE: More details from the Wall Street Journal.

Gallery: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR

1 - 11 of 11 Posts