Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a compression check and discovered I had two bad valves. Looking at the prices of the new Dodge vehicles and how outrageous they have gotten, I decided to do a 2023 winter refresh to keep the Daytona running for another 50,000 miles or more. Was able to source two brand new OEM 5.7L eagle heads. One was here in Knox and the other in Atlanta. Had new PSI springs put in.

Bottom end looked great and did not look like it had 30,000 miles on it. Walls looked great and piston tops had just a bit of carbon deposits but not bad at all.

With Dodge discontinuing the V8's after 2023 and knowing how hard it is to find new OEM parts now, not remanufactured, I had all the engine sensors put in that had not been replaced in the past 25,000 miles. and New spark plugs. Alternator and Water Pump were ordered to keep as spares. (Still waiting on the OEM water pump, was ordered early November)

Replaced the 2 3/4 inch Eldebrock pulley with the old 3 inch pulley. Fluid changes and she was ready for the dyno after a quick reprogram for the new pulley and heads. With stock eagle heads, (NOT ported or polished) it dynoed at 622 rwhp and 621 rwtq.

Then had the Borla Touring catback installed at the local muffler shop but I had them replace the borla mids with Flowmaster Super 44's. Sounds sweet now!

Pretty disappointed in Dodge for how they handled this last year and the prices that dealers are charging but I am happy with the Daytona for another 5 or so years. It's got a V8 and a bunch of new parts.

Product Automotive tire Engineering Font Mass production
Font Parallel Number Circle Symbol
Font Material property Number Parallel Document
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Triangle

· Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
9,736 Posts
Did a compression check and discovered I had two bad valves. Looking at the prices of the new Dodge vehicles and how outrageous they have gotten, I decided to do a 2023 winter refresh to keep the Daytona running for another 50,000 miles or more. Was able to source two brand new OEM 5.7L eagle heads. One was here in Knox and the other in Atlanta. Had new PSI springs put in.

Bottom end looked great and did not look like it had 30,000 miles on it. Walls looked great and piston tops had just a bit of carbon deposits but not bad at all.

With Dodge discontinuing the V8's after 2023 and knowing how hard it is to find new OEM parts now, not remanufactured, I had all the engine sensors put in that had not been replaced in the past 25,000 miles. and New spark plugs. Alternator and Water Pump were ordered to keep as spares. (Still waiting on the OEM water pump, was ordered early November)

Replaced the 2 3/4 inch Eldebrock pulley with the old 3 inch pulley. Fluid changes and she was ready for the dyno after a quick reprogram for the new pulley and heads. With stock eagle heads, (NOT ported or polished) it dynoed at 622 rwhp and 621 rwtq.

Then had the Borla Touring catback installed at the local muffler shop but I had them replace the borla mids with Flowmaster Super 44's. Sounds sweet now!

Pretty disappointed in Dodge for how they handled this last year and the prices that dealers are charging but I am happy with the Daytona for another 5 or so years. It's got a V8 and a bunch of new parts.

View attachment 127545 View attachment 127546 View attachment 127547 View attachment 127548
You did not replace cam and lifters?

· Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cam is fine. It is an FI cam ((225 235 duration @ .050. LSA is 116 and the lift is .594 .602). I replace the PSI springs every 25,000. Check them at around 15,000. The lifters are the new hellcat lifters. Had them replaced the last time the springs were replaced about 3 years ago.

· Registered
1,775 Posts
Please share the p/n for the lifters?

· Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure of the p/n, I got them from MMX when I purchased a BGE short block back in 2019. They still have them available:

· Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please share the p/n for the lifters?
Part number is 5038784AD. Not Hellcat specific, this is supposed to be the new and improved lifter from Dodge after all the failures.

Reactions: AmishVaultTech

· Registered
1,775 Posts
Copy that. I did the swap out to those but in MDS. 5038785AD Front on right and left sides 5038786AD Rear on right and left sides. So half of them must be the 5038784AD.

I read an article on the evolution of the HEMI and lost the dang link but did save this.

The BGE engines have also benefited from a redesign of the lifters that is now standard on all production Gen III Hemis. The lifter axles and bearing needles have been subjected to carbon-nitriding and also have been cryo-stabilized. All of this contributes to a stronger lifter and is completely interchangeable with all Gen III Hemi variants. These are the lifters that should be included with any performance camshaft upgrade. We found part number 05038784AD under Mopar lifters in the Summit Racing catalog that offers four lifters and a dedicated holder, which would require four of these PN’s for a complete set.

Do you have any tune in the SHR trans? If your tune is in HPTuners I would enjoy a copy to view the trans calibration.

Thanks

Reactions: AmishVaultTech

· Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No tune for the HTC trans. It has the upgraded valve body so I did not bother. The shifting is fine for my use since I don't track the car anymore. I use Diablo, same device I bought back in 2013.

· Registered
1,775 Posts
Copy, Thanks

· Registered
2013 Charger Rt Plus
54 Posts
My 2013 Rt has a failing mds solenoid ( when eco mode activates you can hear the sound of a baseball card in the spoke) take it out of eco mode and she stops wining lol and I’m looking at new cam and lifter options. Stuck between keeping the mds system or getting rid of it. I’m the second owner of this beautiful beast got it at 45k now she has well over 215k on stock cam and lifters ect. Only parts iv changed besides routine maintenance has been water pump/ rad, fuel pump. I love this car an she deserves a face lift lol

· Registered
1,775 Posts
How do you enable/disable ECO mode.

· Registered
1,775 Posts
It's up to you, be sure to change the springs and stem seals.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts