Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2013 Dodge Charger police version and it has 18" wheels and I have a set of 20" tires and wheels that came off a Chrysler 300 265/45R/20 , I also have the spacers to clear the brake calipers but seems like they are too tall for the front end , does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
2015 Rallye with Plus Package
1,963 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Western NY. I'm not sure what you are saying is too tall, the wheels or the spacers. The spacers should only move the wheels out, however if they are moved out to much, they will hit the wheel openings in the fenders. Since the wheels are from a Chrysler 300 (basically the same car as the Charger), I'm not sure that you should need any spacers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi and thanks for your response , no the spacers are Ok but the tire hits the upper control arm when I set it down off the jack , so it seems this size is too tall

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you can see it in the pic it is touching the tire , so not sure if these will work or what kind of changes will I need to do for these wheels , different size tires ?

·
Registered
2013 R/T Max
428 Posts
I have 245s on my 13 with no issues.
The 265 is a taller sidewall and probably works for the 300's geometry/wheelwell openings but not for the Charger.
Same with caliper clearance.
IMO spacers are a bandaid, not a solution.
You need to compare R/T wheels with those 300s. Offsets, inner diameters, width should all match to work properly, but you still need a 245 for ball joint clearance.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I can't think of anything that's different in terms of suspension geometry between the 300 and the Charger, or why you would need spacers to clear your calipers. Unless it has BR9 brakes (which didn't come out until 2014, but with Dodge, who knows) it should have standard R/T brakes up front.

Are those factory rims? And what's the offset? If they came from an AWD, that's your problem.

Also, the 265 is taller than the stock tires by about 7/10", and wider by almost an inch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a 2013 Dodge Charger police version and it has 18" wheels and I have a set of 20" tires and wheels that came off a Chrysler 300 265/45R/20 , I also have the spacers to clear the brake calipers but seems like they are too tall for the front end , does anyone have any suggestions?
Buy new front adjustable struts raise it to the height you need. But the next problem is the type of driving you do chances are your gear ratio is 2.96 to 1, I'm going through that now I've decided on a 265/35/R20 which would be smaller, might still change rear when I can find a 3.73 posi. Many times the rear struts are special ones for leveling but I'm going to replace those with adjustables too so I can set my ride height how I like it. 😁👍

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi and thanks for your response , no the spacers are Ok but the tire hits the upper control arm when I set it down off the jack , so it seems this size is too tall
Didn't know that the control arm was the problem earlier I don't like them, but with a set of 2-in spacers move it out far enough to miss control arm?
Thanks , so that is what I will get the 245s but now yr telling me the 20 " RT wheels will fit without the spacers ? Or Tires ?
The problem isn't your first set of numbers, it's the second set. 4.5is 20"+9" too tall, 245/35/zr20 is what you need if buying new.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Having to use spacers is the same thing as trying to put 5lbs of chicken chit in a 1lb bag. Forcing something to fit.
Also the lack of information such as if the car is a AWD or not doesn't help.
If you are trying to use AWD offsets on RWD car or vise versa add another lb.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a RWD and I was told to use the spacers because of the brake calibers but found out the wheels off of the 300 fits without them my problem was the size of the tires so once I found the correct tire size which I used the advise of this forum I had no problems the car drives fine and no issues .Lot of great feed back here .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts