Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my Charger had a bit of a hard time starting up. Acted as if battery is low. However, I ran the scan with OBD scanner and shows no issues. Started on the second try but kinda struggled for a split second. Would key fob battery dying cause that? No messages, like "key fob not detected" or anything like that btw. Also, vehicle info display took a bit longer to come on. Only few seconds but iy usually comes on right away.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Today my Charger had a bit of a hard time starting up. Acted as if battery is low. However, I ran the scan with OBD scanner and shows no issues. Started on the second try but kinda struggled for a split second. Would key fob battery dying cause that? No messages, like "key fob not detected" or anything like that btw. Also, vehicle info display took a bit longer to come on. Only few seconds but iy usually comes on right away.
More likely a bad or discharged main battery.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Thank you. So OBD scanner wouldn't detect that? I honestly thought it would
Short answer: No.

Long answer: Not directly, although there may be other codes that point in that direction, especially with a legit scantool as opposed to a simple code reader.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Scanners don't read battery condition, only stored computer info.
Sounds like a bad battery, our cars need full power to avoid gremlins popping up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Short answer: No.

Long answer: Not directly, although there may be other codes that point in that direction, especially with a legit scantool as opposed to a simple code reader.
Thanks man. I appreciate the help

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Scanners don't read battery condition, only stored computer info.
Sounds like a bad battery, our cars need full power to avoid gremlins popping up.
Thanks. It makes sense. Been 5 years. I guess it's about time for a new battery

·
Registered
3 Posts
HI, I have a similar start up condition. This happened after I took the intake manifold off and made injectors clean up with ultrasonic. Originally I had a code P2096 that went away after injectors cleaning, intake seals replacement and throttle body cleaning and reprogramming. But after put all back togheter now is having start up delays. No other codes are present now, fuel pressure was already verified and jumps and work at 58 - 60 PSI as required with no significant discharge. Car runs Ok ..is just the start up delay issue....
Any advice what to look for will be appeciated..... Thank you!!
This is on a 2012 Charger SE V6

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HI, I have a similar start up condition. This happened after I took the intake manifold off and made injectors clean up with ultrasonic. Originally I had a code P2096 that went away after injectors cleaning, intake seals replacement and throttle body cleaning and reprogramming. But after put all back togheter now is having start up delays. No other codes are present now, fuel pressure was already verified and jumps and work at 58 - 60 PSI as required with no significant discharge. Car runs Ok ..is just the start up delay issue....
You got me on that one. Sounds like some programming issue but honestly I have no idea. New battery seemed to solve my problem tho. For now at least. Hopefully permanently

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi Olaivan,
We certainly understand why this may be concerning. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist.

Rob
Dodge Cares

1 - 10 of 10 Posts