Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any tips for reducing weight on these things ? I know about the wheels and carbon fiber hoods but is there anything else ? Also if you guys know any good supercharger kits.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Weight reduction ... not so much unless you're willing to live without any interior.
For superchargers there's positive displacement and centrifugal. Positive displacement will give you good low RPM torque and centrifugal will give you good high RPM HP. ProCharger for centrifugal. Whipple, Magnuson and Edelbrock E-Force for positive displacement.

·
Registered
877 Posts
A Supercharger will add about 80 to 90 lbs. Enjoy the nice ride and cabin comfort of your weighty charger.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Weight reduction ... not so much unless you're willing to live without any interior.
For superchargers there's positive displacement and centrifugal. Positive displacement will give you good low RPM torque and centrifugal will give you good high RPM HP. ProCharger for centrifugal. Whipple, Magnuson and Edelbrock E-Force for positive displacement.
Yeah I’ve been looking into a supercharger guess I’m just gonna have to deal with it being a boat lol. Thanks ?.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It's IMO not worth supercharging unless your gonna forge/build it. I know there is or will be arguments with that statement and there are lots of guys out there running a Whipple or eforce as mentioned without doing this... Heck, I was one of em.. I really considered, and wanted, to buy the Whipple kit for a stock car and do nothing else.. I think for some people, with more self control than I, can get away with this and get a good 625 HP or so and not destroy the motor to quickly. I don't have the ability to have it and not beat on it. So I'm gonna go all the way and after a lot of thought and my car starting the hemi tick around 12k miles last month or so... I have reconsidered... I'm gonna do a write up on cost and the project itself when I do it but roughly. I think one can forge the bottom end, do heads, blower cam w/MDS delete, Johnson lifters, tri-metal bearings, thick head gasket kit for lower compression, vvt phaser lockout, ARP fasteners everywhere, and headers/exhaust of your choice for around 5-6k... Then you're ready for a Whipple and 14psi. This will be my route, ish...? Also, at this point you're good for as much as the HP70 can take... 800 is about the limit and you should be there with the Whipple, without the whipple I figure it's good for 475-500 crank HP, basically scat territory or a little better maybe...

I'd go get a boat too! LMFAO, can I come along for rides while I work on mine for the next 3 months...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts