Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed mt right side HID headlight two weeks ago. The replacement lamp has already dimmed so much it's unuseable.

This was a D35 lamp purchased from Amazon. Is this a common issue with the D35 or do I have a problem elsewhere?

I do about 1/3 of my driving very late at night.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
The correct HID bulb is "D3S" ... not "D35". Also, during installation of the new bulb, do not contaminate the lighting element glass by touching it with your fingers or by allowing it to contact other oily surfaces. Shortened lighting element life will result.

·
Read Only
1,197 Posts
I changed mt right side HID headlight two weeks ago. The replacement lamp has already dimmed so much it's unuseable.

This was a D35 lamp purchased from Amazon. Is this a common issue with the D35 or do I have a problem elsewhere?

I do about 1/3 of my driving very late at night.
You might have also bought junk or counterfeit bulbs. I had this problem with Amazon and eBay. If you're buying aftermarket the quality will vary. If you're buying OEM replacement Osram bulbs then there are fakes all over the place. I had eBay and Amazon bulbs that were listed as brand new OEM 100% authentic Osram bulbs last 3 months, get super dim or start to flicker. I learned that Osram has a way to verify if the bulbs you bought are authentic or not. In my experience, if you bought new on Amazon or eBay and didn't pay $200+ for the set they're not going to be authentic.

https://www.osram.com/am/the-trust-program/index.jsp

Since truly authentic bulbs are so expensive to buy new I just started buying used OEM bulbs pulled from cars. I got a pair for $40 and they lasted me 3 years. Much better than the crap "new" counterfeit bulbs I was getting from eBay and Amazon sellers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the real problem I have been having is keeping the lamps in their sockets. I may need a new headlight assembly since the trim ring that locks the lamp down doesn't lock on mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts