Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all...

I'm about ready to start wrenching on my 2013 R/T to really make it the car I want it to be. Right now the suspension is stock, but I want to do some work to it. My question to you is, what are some good first suspension mods to do to our cars? But first, some background about the car. I bought the car from my cousin who purchased it from Enterprise after it was retired from their rental fleet with 9,000 miles on it. He drove it daily, even in the oilfield as he had no other option. The car has had a rough life, I will not lie. It had 82,000 miles on it, when I bought it, and had a slight pull to the right. When my brand new tires wore down in a year, I knew it had to be an alignment problem. I replaced the tires with Goodyear Eagle Sports and took the car to be aligned. I was told an alignment was impossible because the control arms were shot, along with the ball joints... replaced all that, was told that camber could be set, but not caster. The car is still way out of spec on caster. Pulls to the right really bad. But I've lived with it since I was told caster will not wear my tires down.

Now about six months later, with money to spend, I'm looking at modding the suspension. I'd like to drop the car a little bit and maybe add Eibachs sway bars. I also want to pick up Mopar's strut tower brace.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Front camber or caster can be adjusted by either shifting the engine cradle, if cross-camber and cross-caster are within specifications, or by using an available service adjustment bolt package (camber/caster kit).
Rear camber links are also available to adjust rear camber. Rear caster is not adjustable. If rear caster is not within specifications, inspect for damaged suspension or body components and replace as necessary.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Coil overs, sway bars, control arms, sub-frame connectors are definitely a good idea...as well as front and rear strut braces, I would definitely check out Drake's Brace...high quality w/quick release pins, and they're cheaper than the Mopar brace!

here's mine
20190530_203029.jpg

Reactions: mofogo
1 - 3 of 3 Posts