Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals,

I’m looking at a 2013 Charger R/T plus on Monday. Well I’ll probably be picking it up. I test drove it on Wednesday and the car runs and drives great.

I currently drive a squirrel powered avenger and really miss the v8 power.

The car currently has 51,000 miles and seems to be in pretty good shape. Are there any issues or anything to look out for? This car doesn’t have the sport mode but my understanding is the tazer will enable those modes. Does anyone have any input on that?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I have the same car. So far no major issues. Love it. I got it with 67k, it was well taken care of. I went with the Corsa CatBack, drop in K&N, and had it Dyno Tuned.

The rear center tail light was cracked and they knocked off the cost of a new one. Sometimes the factory over tightens the fasteners and they stress crack when the trunk is slammed hard. Give it a good eyeballing.

With AlfaOBD I moved my DRL's to my turn signals, enabled fogs on with high beam, enabled Sport mode and SRT performance pages, installed a drivers door auto dimming mirror and flashed it, adjusted my tire size to sync my speedo after I changed tires, its not married to the car.
The OBDLink MX+ is a good scanner. Alfa OBD is a great trouble shooter too.

If you want to go AlfaODB go to the dodge ram AlfaOBD thread and read the 1st post with care about backing up your BCM config before tweaking.

Pictured here after installing Pursuit Brakes (BR9) and factory 20's.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome thank you! Love the color

Reactions: gapi

·
Registered
64 Posts
Double check the recalls are current. I had Alternator fry and recall on Airbags (recently tested in collision...passed). Other notables would be Water Pump and Plug/Transmission service. If you can work it into the deal, sparkplugs should change at 30-40k. With 16 plugs, it will run you about $400 to have them changed. My .02$

·
Registered
2,920 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I did change my water pump several weeks ago. I wouldn't call it a major issue.
The hardest part was getting the radiator out.(she needs to be raised up in the front a good bit). And the awful drain petcock. If I had known I'd just pull the bottom hose.

Reactions: Rodders

·
Registered
64 Posts
I did change my water pump several weeks ago. I wouldn't call it a major issue.
The hardest part was getting the radiator out.(she needs to be raised up in the front a good bit). And the awful drain petcock. If I had known I'd just pull the bottom hose.
I put breather/bleeder in the plug at top of manifold to help ensure fluid fills the entire block. #cheapmod

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
You can get no break bleeder repair kit from auto stores and replace the plug with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts