Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the problem Just started getting a clunk in my front end when going over bumps. Left and right side. Sounds like metal and is not a squeak, its a clunk you can feel through the car. Car has 5000 miles.
Mod's done are... MOPAR front strut brace and whiteline front sway bar. The back doesn't make noise but has the speedlogic arched rear strut brace and the whiteline rear sway bar.
Wondering if tightening up the car has helped expose a part on the car that usually makes noise after more time has passed and miles.
Yes I have looked at a ton of threads on this but they all seem to be for 1st gens and cars with mileage.
Ok everyone's solutions or suggestion's welcome. Thnaks

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
4,391 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did see that in one of the threads. Sounds like at least a good thing to check. Thanks
Oh and it doesn't clunk all the time. Was making the noise over every bump on the way home last night. Drove the front up on ramps to look around. Changed nothing. Drove to work today and not one sound out of the front.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had a bad clunk in mine when i put my front strut bar on and my BT strut covers, later I figured out that the BT strut covers were the cause of it. I added a couple more washers underneath them and solved the problem. The cover that is screwed to the top of the strut was hitting the strut tower when I rolled over a bump, see it was moving with the strut with every bump and would pretty much bottom out on top of the strut tower causing this really bad clunking noise. It sounded like the front end was falling out from underneath the car.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That would be a nice easy fix if I had covers on mine. :shakehead:

·
Dave
2,306 Posts
Mine has developed the same sort of clunk, but just on the drivers side, at 11k miles. Heading to the dealership soon to see what they say. No suspension mods at all on mine, though, probably just potholes... :(

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine has developed the same sort of clunk, but just on the drivers side, at 11k miles. Heading to the dealership soon to see what they say. No suspension mods at all on mine, though, probably just potholes... :(
Let us now what the dealership finds. I going to take the covers off and check that cross bar today.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so today I tightened the loose front cross bar bolts and tightened loose sway bar end bolts. No noise and all is good so far. Will update in a couple days if it stays fixed. :TU:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Everybody’s problem sounds like the sway bar bracket bushings and sway bar links jack the front up and put it on jack stand disconnect sway bar link from the strut and wiggle it around if this is your problem it will replicate said clunk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts