Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking for a little guidance with installing new door and back 6x9's

The stock speakers are 2 Ohms but if Im installing an amp for the 4 6x9's do I still need to stick with 2 Ohms because of the factory head unit?

Im thinking Infinity, Kicker, Or Alpine Type-r. What would you recommend?

I plan on ordering from www.sonicelectronix.com

I believe these are the most common speakers choosen: Infinity Kappa 693.9I, Alpine SPR-69C, or Kicker 40CS6934

Which would you choose and what amp would best suit your choice from that website? Im looking to spend about 100-150 on the amp.

for the wiring would you recommend 4gauge? I know I will need an adapter for the stock 4.3 to attach the amp cables but Im having trouble figuring out what requirements I need to meet.

I have searched a few different forums for the last few nights with little info gathered. any input will help

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Well I dint know much but you don't have to go with a 2ohm it would. Easier than writing it down to 2ohms tho. And yea putting an amp in will help you out. I wish I knew more. I just put the RE2 my car the 8.4. Upgrading the speakers in the process too. And you can also check woofers etc for speakers too. good prices as well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts